Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 11-19-2023, 06:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infectious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I did stoneburnt on my monk because I never did the zone before... Exp is absolutely horrible.
I think the current p99 wiki info for Stonebrunt Mountains is wrong. Someone listed it as going from 75 to 100 zone modifier with the March 2020 patch that buffed all the classic outdoor zones (the ones not already having 100+ mod), but stonebrunt isn't from that era despite being on Odus. With the November 2021 patch that increased the mod by 10%, that should just mean it was moved from 75 to 83 rather than from 100 to 110.
Old 12-01-2023, 10:04 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infectious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Outside of a monk with beads, I don't see this happening. The wizards aren't even the problem, because outside of ic most nukes only hit in the 4s or resisted.

Them shamans can be a problem.
to necro this thread... it might be possible with 6 rangers. Just have to make sure everyone piles into frenzied pox room, and root adds outside. This way you're out of LoS of the nukes, dots.

if Grup is up, or ilis in it's place, this will be tougher. If at least 1 of the rangers has earthcaller / swarmcaller, should be okay tho.

please i want to see a group of 6 rangers try this. imagine doin all that work to get to brogg and he drops a clay guardian shield
Old 12-01-2023, 01:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Outside of a monk with beads, I don't see this happening. The wizards aren't even the problem, because outside of ic most nukes only hit in the 4s or resisted.

Them shamans can be a problem.
sks can do this easily. Much better splitters than monks.
Old 12-02-2023, 10:56 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammoHung [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
to necro this thread... it might be possible with 6 rangers. Just have to make sure everyone piles into frenzied pox room, and root adds outside. This way you're out of LoS of the nukes, dots.

if Grup is up, or ilis in it's place, this will be tougher. If at least 1 of the rangers has earthcaller / swarmcaller, should be okay tho.

please i want to see a group of 6 rangers try this. imagine doin all that work to get to brogg and he drops a clay guardian shield
I take this back. 51 ranger can barely kill greens toe to toe. Ranger sucks lol
Old 12-02-2023, 11:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammoHung [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The performance ceiling for a ranger varies a lot. Pure melees scale better but rangers have a lot of toys available. BiS knights are also amazing but a generic one played well can do a lot.

I love my ranger but outside outdoor kiting situations that don’t summon it’s not the most powerful choice.
Old 12-02-2023, 11:48 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The performance ceiling for a ranger varies a lot. Pure melees scale better but rangers have a lot of toys available. BiS knights are also amazing but a generic one played well can do a lot.

I love my ranger but outside outdoor kiting situations that don’t summon it’s not the most powerful choice.
im spoiled by monk and rogue. rogue cant exactly stand toe to toe with the strongest of enemies.. but with strafestab, locustlure and/or poisons, it was much easier to solo low blues as 50s rogue than ranger. (thinking like rotting skel camp, etc)
Old 12-02-2023, 10:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
im spoiled by monk and rogue. rogue cant exactly stand toe to toe with the strongest of enemies.. but with strafestab, locustlure and/or poisons, it was much easier to solo low blues as 50s rogue than ranger. (thinking like rotting skel camp, etc)
A ranger can solo anything a rogue can, easily.
A ranger can solo anything a monk can, so long as it doesnt summon.

If you play like a rogue you will die. Your bracer summons arrows for a reason.
Old 12-18-2023, 03:12 PM
Planar Protector

Finally nabbed a Tolan’s bracer - happy with the results. Down-time is eliminated at this point other than to summon arrows periodically - huge time saver not having to run zones away to restock. My 30 delay bow with sea-horsey belt haste and fleeting quiver can chew through stacks really really quickly. In the 10 minutes it used to take to run to FV and back to fill my bags with arrows I can now just summon 800 … or just spend 2 minutes summoning and get right back to killing.

Will pull and melee mobs until low health 20-30%. Bow kite mobs until health passively regens up (innate + ikky bp). Usually health is back up after a few mobs and then I can jump back in and melee mobs dead until low.

Meleeing is much faster but a ton of time saved in not having to med/heal up for each mob. Previously I was using arrows in a pinch only on mobs like ravishing drolvargs where I might not be able to toe to toe them down to the ground. Mana expenditure is minimal … just cheap root casts. On most mobs clicky snare works fine mana free. On ravishing I’ll use spell cast ensnare for the longer duration.

I will say I’ve also noticed something funky about Gleeds bow. It procs like crazy - way higher than expected. I suspect it is using the 49 delay on my argent protector to calculate the chance rather than the 30 delay on the bow itself.

Fun times.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Last edited by Troxx; 12-18-2023 at 03:15 PM..
Old 12-18-2023, 04:16 PM
Planar Protector

Need primal now Troxx!
Old 12-18-2023, 05:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Ranger is very gear dependent with certain items, sky cloak, good haste, good dps weapons makes a huge difference. Soloing is very very easy if you are geared on ranger with just straight up melee. they do get 91% self haste afterall and a variety of self procs., root, slow weapons, etc. Ac doesnt effect them but the toolkit, regen, 91% self haste, slows etc make leveling a ranger super easy with twinking.