Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 11-20-2023, 04:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thGate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think this does anything different, does it? If you don't include a lightstone it's still empty to primary, 2 hs to 1 hs (bagged), 1 hs to secondary, 1 hs to 2 hs (bagged), 2 hs to primary. You still need to turn auto attack off before you swap out the two hander or you'll punch with the offhand, I think. I don't think the lightstone prevents that.

Or are we concerned the mainhand timer is going to come off cool down by the time we pulse autoattack (or is there an offhand attack button?) With the 1 hs equipped? If you're that slow you're already seriously screwing yourself up by trying this.
Yeah, the stone is insurance against the primary going off as fist if you fumble (or lag). It's something I found useful in the few times I've tried offhand swings. Obviously its not a strategy I routinely use. The attention required to keep it up just is too demanding at the expense of situational awareness (not being distracted by loads of clicks so you can take on whats going on around you is one of the benefits of warrior)!

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 11-21-2023, 07:08 AM
Planar Protector

Today my lil ranger main hand (lolocaust) punched for 3 points when swapping from 2hs to 2 paw whips. D P S fucking machine.
Old 11-21-2023, 03:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Okay the fact you aren't doing non-weapon to primary, 2hs to 1hs (bagged), 1hs to secondary, 1hs to 2hs (bagged), 2hs to primary as your cycle ...
You're confused about something. There's no need to have a lightstone, you just press a button to swing the offhand once after equipping it, there shouldn't be a risk of auto attack eating that next primary swing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does it add so much time? Having a lightstone on your cursor when you unequip the 2hs doesn’t seem a big deal?
I suppose it doesn't take more clicks itself to include the lightstone in the rotation. Hadn't used that before, but now I see what you mean. However, there might be more lag, clicking an item into already equipped primary slot, instead of just putting the 2-hander in. Would need to test that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh I understand the mechanic. Meljeldin haste capped is 19 delay or just under 2 seconds to complete the cycle. So you're trading MH ratio for a free offhand swing if you execute w/o robotic flawlessness.
Hello, reading comprehension? I already said people probably shouldn't be doing this with a haste capped Meljeldin (unless using macro). It should be 42+ delay weapon used, unless having less haste. And no, you clearly didn't understand the mechanic with what you wrote before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if anyone cared that much to sit there stationary and hit 2 buttons they would just be on a rogue.
What a silly fallacy. Warriors and Rangers want to maximize their DPS, it has nothing to do with being a Rogue. Even besides that, EQ melee combat without weapon swapping generally just equates to standing around and doing almost no actual actions/movement anyway.
Old 11-21-2023, 04:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're confused about something. There's no need to have a lightstone, you just press a button to swing the offhand once after equipping it, there shouldn't be a risk of auto attack eating that next primary swing.

I suppose it doesn't take more clicks itself to include the lightstone in the rotation. Hadn't used that before, but now I see what you mean. However, there might be more lag, clicking an item into already equipped primary slot, instead of just putting the 2-hander in. Would need to test that.

Hello, reading comprehension? I already said people probably shouldn't be doing this with a haste capped Meljeldin (unless using macro). It should be 42+ delay weapon used, unless having less haste. And no, you clearly didn't understand the mechanic with what you wrote before.

What a silly fallacy. Warriors and Rangers want to maximize their DPS, it has nothing to do with being a Rogue. Even besides that, EQ melee combat without weapon swapping generally just equates to standing around and doing almost no actual actions/movement anyway.
Do you have 1 single parse?
Old 11-21-2023, 07:58 PM
Planar Protector

No this is a theorycraft
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 11-21-2023, 09:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No this is a theorycraft
No it isn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you have 1 single parse?
I don't play the game anymore, stop asking for parse (unless you're going to offer an account with equipped Warrior/Ranger; then maybe I would reinstall and come do it quick). Anyone can do it for themself, if they bother to put the effort in.
Old 11-21-2023, 10:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't play the game anymore, stop asking for parse (unless you're going to offer an account with equipped Warrior/Ranger; then maybe I would reinstall and come do it quick). Anyone can do it for themself, if they bother to put the effort in.
Lol. Sure lemme level up a mid-50's ranger or warrior with an Argent Protector and Scimitar of The Emerald Dawn. That's way easier than you logging in and parsing on a random Vindi at the WL zone.
Last edited by Snaggles; 11-21-2023 at 11:01 PM..
Old 11-21-2023, 11:01 PM
Planar Protector

This part of the thread is a joke right?
Last edited by Duik; 11-21-2023 at 11:13 PM..
Old 11-22-2023, 12:34 AM
Kobold

TheoryQuest, you're in our world now.
Old 11-22-2023, 12:34 AM
Fire Giant

Zuranthium is an elitist who wants to feel superior to others. Nothing more to discuss here...