Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 11-22-2023, 06:51 PM
Skeleton

Default Doubt

Always had this doubt:

If someone says they'll help transfer something for you and just keeps it. What happens?
Old 11-22-2023, 08:33 PM
Planar Protector

They keep it.
Old 11-22-2023, 08:50 PM
Sarnak

1. You may not defraud other players.

Fraud is defined as falsely representing one's intentions to make a gain at another's expense. Examples of this activity include, but are not limited to, using deception to deprive another player of items, slandering another player or impersonating them with the intention of causing harm to that player's reputation, or falsely representing one's identity in order to gain access to another player's account or account information.

Fraud in all transactions between players may result in disciplinary action when confirmed by a P99CSR.

This is not permission to not watch out for yourself during interactions with players. Players may still scam or defraud you on Project 1999. It is your responsibility to protect yourself. The player who scammed you may be subject to disciplinary action, but there is no guarantee you will get your items or PP back. It is in your best interest to be wary of other players.

You are responsible for the people you let onto your account. Disciplinary action may be enacted upon your account even if you yourself were not responsible for any rule breaking. Do not share account info if you are not ready to deal with the consequences of someone else's actions.
Old 11-23-2023, 04:55 AM
Large Bat

Best to get any agreements in writing to prevent misunderstandings upfront. Hope it works out for you!
Old 11-23-2023, 12:10 PM
Planar Protector

Easy petition, easy suspension, and the GM will either transfer the items back to you, or make the thief give them back to you themself. Stealing transfers is almost never done on P99. The GMs have access to trade logs.

Go ahead and have anybody do your transfer. Especially if they have a guild tag over their head.
Old 11-24-2023, 03:18 PM
Planar Protector

I always make sure /log is on before I transfer or agree to transfer an item. Keeps a personal record. Especially when I agree to transfer an item so that if some weird thing happens like the internet goes out and I need to tether to phone to log back in I can see from the text who I need to give the items to when I log back in.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 11-24-2023, 08:06 PM
Planar Protector

Another thing to be cautious of when xfering items for people is if they're involved with any RMT schemes. 3 or 4 years back I took a ban for xfering coin for someone who I guess was RMTing. Thankfully the GMs looked into it and realized I only facilitated the transfer and wasn't involved directly and it was quickly reversed. It has made me more hesitant to help ppl with transfers tho.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 11-24-2023, 08:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Another thing to be cautious of when xfering items for people is if they're involved with any RMT schemes. 3 or 4 years back I took a ban for xfering coin for someone who I guess was RMTing. Thankfully the GMs looked into it and realized I only facilitated the transfer and wasn't involved directly and it was quickly reversed. It has made me more hesitant to help ppl with transfers tho.
This happened to me when Tmo came over to red. A couple months in someone got busted and they shadow banned every account the person came into contact with. I petitioned and had account back in an hour