Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 11:37 AM
Fire Giant

Default Anyone remember when NPC's given items would equip/use them?

I remember the Priest of Discord always wearing Bronze armor instead of his robe, as players would give him some when passing by (I once got a full suit of rubicite from a gullible shaman via the old /cons MyName trick and had given it to a POD as well - I'll try to find the screenshots).
Old 02-13-2014, 11:39 AM
Planar Protector

Yup. As well as when you killed the thing it would still have it as loot. I used to drop medium-nice items on lowbie mobs all the time thinking some fresh char would get a real surprise when they killed that moss snake.
Old 02-13-2014, 11:44 AM
Kobold

One of my favorite memories from scrapping in the newbie yards was hearing a shout that someone put amazing items on a bunch of rats and orc pawns.
Old 02-13-2014, 11:52 AM
Kobold

We pimped out Osargen a few nights ago in HHK with full bronze armor. Maybe they don't equip it if they have something else on?
Old 02-13-2014, 11:55 AM
Planar Protector

pretty sure you can give the PoD bronze armor here and he equips it

however yes they ( for some reason even though I also remember this in classic) removed the ability for mobs to drop the stuff you handed them

nothing was more classic than enchanters or necros carrying only 2 stun whips around that they had used for weeks. Once they were done charming, they would kill their pet, loot the whips and save them for another day.
Old 02-13-2014, 12:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porcoa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We pimped out Osargen a few nights ago in HHK with full bronze armor. Maybe they don't equip it if they have something else on?
haha that's hilarious, someone give him a procc'ing weapon... as if he wasn't beastly enough [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-13-2014, 12:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
pretty sure you can give the PoD bronze armor here and he equips it

however yes they ( for some reason even though I also remember this in classic) removed the ability for mobs to drop the stuff you handed them

nothing was more classic than enchanters or necros carrying only 2 stun whips around that they had used for weeks. Once they were done charming, they would kill their pet, loot the whips and save them for another day.
This worked with charm as recently as ~2010 (last time I played on live) as I took an ENC to 70 or so on Firiona Vie and would do that there.
Old 02-13-2014, 12:19 PM
Planar Protector

They unclassicly nerfed putting items on mobs and being able to loot them after. Really should be reverted. I remember having a solid charming set with Adamantine band / rusty spiked shoulders and 2 weapons for a charmed pet that is always end up killing and looting back when I was done with him.

Also it was fun to put random items on newbie mobs for them to loot
Old 02-13-2014, 12:39 PM
Planar Protector

The lol factor of giving random mobs random gear as surprises for whoever ends up killing it would just be amazing. I almost wouldn't even care about being able to further enable my pets to kill me by proccing conflagrations on me and stuff compared to that.

If they put this back ingame (it is supposed to work with coins too, right? give a moss snake 100k copper and it drops it when it dies?) and let us drop coins on the ground, I could die a happy man.
Old 02-13-2014, 12:48 PM
Sarnak

I remember giving all the visible bronze pieces that drop in mistmoore to my ancille and eventually turning her orange. Can you no longer do this?
Closed Thread