Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > NPC Bugs

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2014, 03:58 AM
Sarnak

Default Klandicar attack/fear

Did some playing with Klandicar tonight. Small sample size, but figured I'd mention it so others can chime in. I think his attack may be a bit too high, every single hit except 2 was for max on our wars.

Also, similar to what is being reported for Sontalak, we encountered major fear resist problems. 400+MR for fear resists = very low chance of being resisted. I think we had 1 or 2 resists out of 15-25 hits on people in our bard group. Non bard groups have pretty much no chance to resist.
Old 06-27-2014, 10:55 AM
Sarnak

Our raid felt the same way about resists on many dragon aoes. Especially sont and kland's fear, and also some aoes in ntov. We don't have classic logs to compare them to, but the general consensus among people who did raid Velious on live was that most aoes were actually quite easy to resist. And they are very difficult to resist right now. Take that for what it's worth.
Old 06-27-2014, 12:52 PM
Banned

Looks good then:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlzAutiwi_A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YBEqvc01ZE

Guilds in Velious/gear taking fears 8)

Look @ 1:50 in 2nd vid

Fun fact that root/regen potions should make fear not work on you
Old 06-27-2014, 12:59 PM
Banned

Velious geared guild killing Gorenaire for comparison

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUJL...2UqlblfQGRh2ZQ

Lots go running in Velious gear when fear goes off

(They wtfpwn her with a burst at the end)
Old 06-27-2014, 11:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Velious geared guild killing Gorenaire for comparison

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUJL...2UqlblfQGRh2ZQ

Lots go running in Velious gear when fear goes off

(They wtfpwn her with a burst at the end)
We know nothing about their levels, buffs, resist gear, or bards in group.

I think it's worth mentioning that the person who is taking the video, has a bard, and doesn't get feared once.

Ie, I'm not sure this proves much, the people running could be 50ish, not have good resist gear, and not have bards (and yes, you would get a fair amount feared in that scenario on Gor).
Old 06-27-2014, 11:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Looks good then:

Interesting videos. I think it actually helps show that fear resists are off.

In the first video, there aren't actually a ton feared, you can quite clearly see pretty much all the warriors and clerics resist it everytime - they assumidly have bards. The people running probably are bard-free. The person taking the video did not have a bard.

The second video has more fears, but there are still clearly 2-3 groups that don't get feared really. Most guilds in velious ran with 2-3 bards, so it also seems logical that these are bard groups, and that bard groups don't really have fear land that often. Velious, in terms of AE's, is often mentioned at how necessary bards were - this is why.

I think this actually helps prove that these fear resists are not classic. We have lvl 60's with 400+MR who are pretty much all fleeing with only a stray resist. That is quite clearly not what was happening on either of those Kland runs.

Ie, I think your videos make a good argument about how this fear landing so much is not classic.
Old 06-28-2014, 12:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Looks good then:

I like how the mana depletes slowly, instead of instantly.
Old 06-28-2014, 08:29 AM
Planar Protector

Wtb root/regen pots
Old 06-28-2014, 12:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wycca [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Interesting videos. I think it actually helps show that fear resists are off.

In the first video, there aren't actually a ton feared, you can quite clearly see pretty much all the warriors and clerics resist it everytime - they assumidly have bards. The people running probably are bard-free. The person taking the video did not have a bard.

The second video has more fears, but there are still clearly 2-3 groups that don't get feared really. Most guilds in velious ran with 2-3 bards, so it also seems logical that these are bard groups, and that bard groups don't really have fear land that often. Velious, in terms of AE's, is often mentioned at how necessary bards were - this is why.

I think this actually helps prove that these fear resists are not classic. We have lvl 60's with 400+MR who are pretty much all fleeing with only a stray resist. That is quite clearly not what was happening on either of those Kland runs.

Ie, I think your videos make a good argument about how thserious?? landing so much is not classic.
Lol? Is this serious?? We watching the same video?
Old 06-28-2014, 07:57 PM
Sarnak

You showed me 3 videos.

THey showed people with bard songs (or who likely have bard songs) resisting. They also showed people running away. The point is, there are obviously a core - 2-3 groups in each, that resisted regularly. Everyone else is hit or miss. The core probably have bard songs and resist gear and are all 60's. They just stand there doing their jobs in all 3 videos really. The guy in the Gor video with bard song doesnt get feared once.

The others could be non-60's, they likely do not have a bard, they may not have resist gear, we have no way of knowing.

So the only takeaway you can get from these videos is that yes, there were several groups of people in these videos that simply don't get feared like everyone else. There are 10-20 people who do get feared with varying regularity. This is definitely not what is happening on beta - there are no 2-3 groups standing there managing the mob while everyone else gets feared....it's everyone getting feared pretty much.

Ergo, thanks for helping prove that the fear hitting so much isn't classic.