Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2014, 07:36 PM
Banned

wuts a inter net
Old 11-25-2014, 07:37 PM
Sarnak

It's almost as if you don't realize just how much everyone here despises and looks down on you. Fuckin crazy.
Old 11-25-2014, 07:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolshed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
seriously i want the most 'intellectual' conversations with the widest array of 'libertarians' there is today

free markets but with social justice - but selective social justice because i want to be able to not notice systemic discrimination and be racist when i want to
I'm curious, why did OJ get off, and why isn't cosby in chains? Could it be that the system is flawed and it favors cops, the rich, etc? Does it always have to be racism?
Old 11-25-2014, 08:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the system is flawed and it favors the rich
ding ding ding

Although there *is* systemic racism inherent to the justice system: blacks bet arrested more often than whites for the same crime, get worst plea bargains than whites, get harsher sentences for the same crime than whites, and get the death penalty more often for the same crime than whites.

Just as systemic racism led to blacks not receiving mortgages from the FHA, which pushed them into renting more --> not able to pass on the wealth of a home to their children --> black people have, per capita, less wealth than whites on average:
"Among households with positive wealth growth during the 25-year study period, as shown in Figure 2, the number of years of homeownership accounts for 27 percent of the difference in relative wealth growth between white and African-American families, the largest portion of the growing wealth gap" Link: http://iasp.brandeis.edu/pdfs/Author...thgapbrief.pdf

The most honest thing that one can do is acknowledge the systemic racism that has existed - not wiping it all clean with a 'ah shucks we all started from the same spot' that i see a lot of libertarians support

Leading the charge to bring back the classic feature /guildwar
Old 11-25-2014, 09:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolshed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The most honest thing that one can do is acknowledge the systemic racism that has existed - not wiping it all clean with a 'ah shucks we all started from the same spot' that i see a lot of libertarians support
I agree that systematic racism exists and there is no way it can be wiped clean, but another honest thing that one can do is admit that the race card is way fucking overused and people get really sick of that shit after a while. Here's a prime example of what I'm fed up with: I've been repeatedly and unfairly labelled a racist just for saying I think Obama is a bad president. Wtf is that shit about? I don't agree with the way he does things so I'm a racist... LOL
Old 11-25-2014, 09:24 PM
Sarnak

I do not like Obama's presidency either and it has nothing to do with the color of his skin

Leading the charge to bring back the classic feature /guildwar
Old 11-25-2014, 09:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckwalk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also I find Aviann as obnoxious as Altari so maybe I'm quick to rip on him.

R&F needs an edit function.
Jesus H Christ! Are you still mad because I outed you in front of everyone about the oilfield? Hey bro, get the fuck over it.

Join us!!! Visit Asgard today!
Old 11-25-2014, 09:51 PM
Kobold

Those posts directed at you just flew over your head huh? It's ok
Old 11-25-2014, 10:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lictor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Those posts directed at you just flew over your head huh? It's ok
Its not that they flew over my head, its just that... well....

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Join us!!! Visit Asgard today!
Old 11-25-2014, 11:31 PM
Banned

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but if I call you racist for disliking Obama, it's because I don't think you're capable of understanding politics on higher level than us vs them teams garbage.
Closed Thread