Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > NPC Bugs

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2015, 01:36 AM
Fire Giant

Default Tantor

Tantor runs fast as hell. Which I am not really surprised with all the non classic animal run speeds on p99. A druid in form of the hunter can barely stay ahead of him. Also, his MR is super high and he also summons. I used to solo this guy (as a druid) pretty easy. And he DID NOT summon. Even with druid animal only tash, I cant get snare to land. Attempted to snare 25+ times. Realisticly, he would resist ensnare several times due to a lvl 60 (my lvl) casting on a lvl 66+ mob. I remember it taking several attempts to get him snared. But 25+ with not one success? Fix please
Last edited by Speedi; 08-08-2015 at 01:39 AM..
Old 08-08-2015, 04:18 PM
Project Manager

Pending update:

-Removed summon ability
-Decreased runspeed slightly

Will look into resistances
Old 08-10-2015, 04:26 PM
Kobold

I killed sometimes in Live.
He runs like Jboots, you can win distance with sow but with Jboots you need levitate and use the hills for take distance.
It has a high magic resistance but after Glamur of Tunare I should land the snare after 10 cast more or less, epic sanre/dot land more easy that snare spell but sometimes it resist.
The fire dot never land and WingedDeath land but itˇs sometimes it resited.
One time it's snared its easy kill using a wolf like pet and keeping the agro recasting snare.
Old 08-26-2015, 08:21 AM
Planar Protector

does he spawn? seems incredible rare on red99, not sure if anyone farms him though
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 08-26-2015, 10:50 AM
Planar Protector

I've seen him killed - definitely seems rarer than he was on Live though, same for the other named roamers.

People don't really go around killing the animal roamers on this server though - maybe after Rangers get Terrify Animal and they need a place to solo they will die more often.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 08-26-2015, 10:57 AM
Fire Giant

Definitely seems more rare. I can remember killing this guy numerous times. I don't remember a time I looked for him and he wasn't up. I could be wrong but I thought he was on a set spawn time. Maybe it's because people was killing the animals more back then, and he was up most of the times I checked. Either case, he is more rare on p99

Other examples of things not quite accurate in WW:

Ice Burrowers & Velium Hounds

I farmed those for silks back when SoV was current. I remember only 6-7 being up in WW at a time. On p99 there are tons of them. Just the opposite with velium hounds. There were a lot more of those on live, on p99 there are very few.
Last edited by Speedi; 08-26-2015 at 11:19 AM..
Old 09-06-2015, 02:11 PM
Aviak

I have not seen him up during beta or since velious was released. But, on live, he was charmable. I killed a bunch of dragons with him. Hilarious to see him throw big dragons halfway across my field of view.
Old 09-06-2015, 02:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banditfist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have not seen him up during beta or since velious was released. But, on live, he was charmable. I killed a bunch of dragons with him. Hilarious to see him throw big dragons halfway across my field of view.
Maybe charmable in another expansion. Not SoV, because he is lvl 66/67. I know Druids can't charm that high in SoV, and I am almost 100% sure enchanters/bards can't either.
Old 09-07-2015, 11:23 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah Dictate can only charm up to 58 I think.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 09-09-2015, 03:15 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Other examples of things not quite accurate in WW:

Ice Burrowers & Velium Hounds

I farmed those for silks back when SoV was current. I remember only 6-7 being up in WW at a time. On p99 there are tons of them. Just the opposite with velium hounds. There were a lot more of those on live, on p99 there are very few.
I 100% agree with this. Upon immediate release of Velious, I was amazed at how many ice burrowers there were undulating across the horizon. On the contrary, after several days, I thought to myself, "hey, wait a minute, where are all those annoying vellum hounds that always seem to sneak up and attack out of nowhere?" I even asked guild if anyone had seen even one - crickets. I have since heard that they do exist, but I haven't actually seen one myself. I'm pretty sure this isn't classic.
Closed Thread