Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 12:58 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only morons are the people who think that fighting for changes to improve this server so that it can reach a sustainable pop for a PVP server is "complaining." some of you are probably the same people that say criticizing the president is unpatriotic and returning your poorly cooked food is "rude." it's one thing to say omg red ded lul lul it's another to provide room for improvement so that 50 concurrent users isn't considered praiseworthy.
I don't see you making many suggestions, but I see you saying this server is doomed alot.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:01 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindsculptor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't see you making many suggestions, but I see you saying this server is doomed alot.
True. I only ever see negativity out of Heartbrand. Kinda like he....wants the server to fail?

Just because you could not be #1? I dunno, sounds kinda petty man. Its just a game, someone has to lose, thats what makes it a competitive game.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:10 AM
Planar Protector

1) hot zones. great way rather than across the board exp boosts to funnel players to zones so that the server feels less empty and there's more PVP as well as groups. Rotating hot zones every day like loz would be great.

2) classic resists. self explanatory

3) either disable anon above a certain level or allow people to who all zones to encourage PVP

4) remove exp loss and add yellow text / scoreboard. Pvpers get their epeen has no impact on pve epeen win-win

5) remove shared exp penalty on groups to encourage grouping

6) 2-boxing. It's classic, it allows you to accomplish things when other people aren't on, let's you get groups going easier when you're just missing that tank healer porter CC w/e, allows smaller guilds to raid content they were unable to prior which gives more people access to content and allows for ability to contest where there was no ability prior, discourages zergs, ez yt on afk Druid bots [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-02-2012, 01:13 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1) hot zones. great way rather than across the board exp boosts to funnel players to zones so that the server feels less empty and there's more PVP as well as groups. Rotating hot zones every day like loz would be great.

2) classic resists. self explanatory

3) either disable anon above a certain level or allow people to who all zones to encourage PVP

4) remove exp loss and add yellow text / scoreboard. Pvpers get their epeen has no impact on pve epeen win-win

5) remove shared exp penalty on groups to encourage grouping

6) 2-boxing. It's classic, it allows you to accomplish things when other people aren't on, let's you get groups going easier when you're just missing that tank healer porter CC w/e, allows smaller guilds to raid content they were unable to prior which gives more people access to content and allows for ability to contest where there was no ability prior, discourages zergs, ez yt on afk Druid bots [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wow, you just described ez69/LoZ to a tee. So you are playing there right? Its thriving there ...right?

What? your not playing there? But.. it has everything on your list. I dont understand....
Old 08-02-2012, 01:16 AM
Planar Protector

Loz doesn't have classic resists, has an exp bonus that is too high, has exp penalties though they dont matter since exp is too high. Also terribly flawed logic besides those differences since loz is not a classic server but a completely custom server.
Old 08-02-2012, 02:11 AM
Fire Giant

LoZ is not classic enough yet R99 needs numerous changes to make it less classic ...
Old 08-02-2012, 02:15 AM
VIP / Contributor

may as well post it in this one too....

server wont go from 50 to 300 over night.

50 becomes 54 becomes 59 becomes 63.... eventually 300 or 0. lately the population is rising slowly but surely, and i just got off the walky talky with Nilbog and he has some big fun stuff in the works [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

so the People that are playing on R99 are really going to be in for a treat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-02-2012, 02:25 AM
Planar Protector

Looking forward to it.

Thanks for all of your help and work, as well as that of the rest of the staff.
Old 08-02-2012, 03:07 AM
VIP / Contributor

dont thank me, thank Nilbog and Rogean and the dev/coding guys. they are the true silent heros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-02-2012, 03:21 AM
Planar Protector

Everyone loves the bringer of good tidings, but seriously, thanks go out to all of you staffers.