Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2017, 05:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you dont even consider that crime in the country someone is fleeing from having a single iota of effect on said persons ability to justify crime, you blame americans.
Except that's not what I said at all, I actually said the opposite:

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, immigrants tend to have seen some shit; you don't uproot your entire life and leave the only country you've ever known because things are going great, you leave because everyone around you is starving to death, the government is torturing/raping/murdering everyone, etc. That kind of psychic damage would make any person, anywhere, more violent. But if you have the empathy to say "hey people with shitty lives, why not come live with us where it's less shitty" you should have empathy to understand that people coming from those shitty lives will have a bit more mental shit to deal with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only way to reduce crime in America, by illegal immigrants, is to not let illegal immigrants into the country, or give them a pass for committing crime.

The only reliable solution, end illegal immigration.
There is no way to "end illegal immigration" without a magic wand. But since I know that facts and logic won't convince y'all, I instead present a "documentary" written by right-wing libertarians on the topic.

What I will say though is that, since we don't have a magic wand, the next best way to end reduce illegal immigration would be to ... wait for it ... allow more legal immigration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Guns are always relevant in Texas

Keep that California acai berry hippie shit out west
By " California acai berry hippie shit out" do you really mean "facts" and "logic"? Because the facts about the (lack of) safety given to you by owning a gun are as indisputable as Mick's stats about illegal immigrants committing more crimes.

You can totally have the opinion that guns are awesome, fuck the depressed people that commit suicide with them, fuck the gun owners (or relatives thereof) who go crazy and shoot people (and fuck their victims), and fuck children who shoot each other with their parent's gun ... none of them matter as much as the (comparatively) freak gun owner who successfully defends themselves. Or you could argue that the government will come to get us soon, and that guns (which will do absolutely nothing against tanks, jets, or the bulk of the rest of our military apparatus) are necessary to protect our freedom. Or you can argue that the percentage of gun owners who don't fall into those statistics are the only ones that matter, and everyone else is too stupid and shouldn't be allowed to have a gun (although then you'd probably be pro-gun control ... through IQ tests).

But what you can't argue is that statistically guns make you and the people around you safer, because there is a mountain of evidence that they actually make things less safe.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 12-22-2017 at 05:49 PM..
Old 12-22-2017, 05:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem is most the left isn't with me and will fight tooth and nail to keep poor South Americans coming in. We feel sorry for them blah blah...

All you have to do is set the IRS up to enforce it. Fine the shit out of business hiring illegals. Police don't want to arrest business owners...IRS have no issue giving out fines most the time.
spoiler: not gonna happen in a million years
Old 12-22-2017, 05:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin;
2627730]Originally Posted by loramin View Post
Also, immigrants tend to have seen some shit; you don't uproot your entire life and leave the only country you've ever known because things are going great, you leave because everyone around you is starving to death, the government is torturing/raping/murdering everyone, etc. That kind of psychic damage would make any person, anywhere, more violent. But if you have the empathy to say "hey people with shitty lives, why not come live with us where it's less shitty" you should have empathy to understand that people coming from those shitty lives will have a bit more mental shit to deal with.
1. you make a lot of assumptions here about the quality of person who is "fleeing" their country. Assumptions that this statistic in OP prove dead ass wrong.
2. you dont account for the fact that people "flee" mexico simply because there is money to be made and they want more of it to send home.
3. why should I care about someone who is fleeing their own country, that wants to come here, so you can SHAPE MY COUNTRY to better suit the person who couldnt even figure out how to fix their own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What I will say though is that, since we don't have a magic wand, the next best way to end reduce illegal immigration would be to ... wait for it ... allow more legal immigration.
it is actually possible to reduce illegal immigration, it is not possible to increase policing like you suggest, because the left is activly trying to reduce policing.

And yes, literally my point is to increase legal immigration, so is Drumphs.
Last edited by mickmoranis; 12-22-2017 at 05:53 PM..
Old 12-22-2017, 05:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fine fuck it -- no poor immigrants. I'll get on bored. All Middleclass or up with some hope of bettering our economy -- we still need immigration though.
Why do we need immigrants? Overcrowding and landfills / shit air quality are real issues
Old 12-22-2017, 05:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
spoiler: not gonna happen in a million years
Exactly. Our government is no more likely to (meaningfully) crack down on businesses hiring illegal immigrants than they are to (meaningfully) reduce illegal immigration.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 12-22-2017 at 05:56 PM..
Old 12-22-2017, 05:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why do we need immigrants? Overcrowding and landfills / shit air quality are real issues
it is ironic that liberals will cry about overpopulation and climate change then demand we have unfettered population growth.
Old 12-22-2017, 05:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
If you don't worship at the alter of economic growth -- then you don't need them. But immigration helps build the overall size of the economy by concentrating talented individuals in first world countries like ours. We get the kind of people we need when we need them from a labor supply perspective.

The more hand wavy shit would be about cultural enrichment and the positive effects of globalization.

Basically, if the economy isn't growing -- rich people aren't happy. In America, they are very good at having the lower classes suffer more from economic downturns than other first world countries. But that is starting to wear thin because it has been so long since the lower orders have seen any growth in real wages. Meanwhile luxary for the rich has skyrocketed.
Old 12-22-2017, 05:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Exactly. There is reality, and then there's conservative fantasy land and liberal fantasy land. The idea of our government truly trying to stop businesses from hiring illegal immigrants isn't a "reality" idea, is a liberal fantasy land idea, just like the idea that we can stop (or even put a truly meaningful dent) in illegal immigration is a conservative fantasy land idea.
there are more illegal immigrants working in California than there is in non coastal states combined.

only in a liberal bubble would you think that this is the case everywhere else.

I moved from california to a non costal state and on the regular a white person fixes every damn thing I call to have someone come out and fix. That goes from gutters to sewage to carpentry

do the same in california and its mexican mexican mexican mexican.

the businesses are actually not as much as a problem as YOU the individual who hires day laborers on the regular.
Old 12-22-2017, 05:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
the businesses are actually not as much as a problem as YOU the individual who hires day laborers on the regular.
Is that a fact or just the usual fear-mongering? I'd love to see some statistics (especially since you now seem to have embraced them).

Old 12-22-2017, 06:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I instead present a "documentary" written by right-wing libertarians on the topic.

[snip]

What I will say though, since we don't have a magic wand, is that the next best way to end reduce illegal immigration would be to ... wait for it ... allow more legal immigration.
This reasoning is very Talmudic.

wrt to that video, American Indians welcomed the pilgrims. They didn't build a wall. Look where it got them today.

Here's how you reduce mestizo illegal immigration from Mexico.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

BTW, anyone know why non-hispanic white population drastically changed from 85% in 1965 to 60% today? Could it be related to the 1965 immigration act that opened the gates to many more immigrants?
Last edited by fash; 12-22-2017 at 06:02 PM..
Closed Thread