Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > NPC Bugs

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2021, 01:19 PM
Skeleton

Default Ferocious Hammerhead

Blue Server:

Something is wrong with the spawn rate of the Ferocious Hammerhead in Kedge Keep. Yesterday I killed the ph approximately 25+ times (spent around 10 hours camping it) and the Ferocious never spawned one time.

Perhaps the spawn rate should be looked at. According to the wiki, the Ferocious has a 5% chance to spawn, with a 10% chance of dropping the chest. If a player had to kill 20+ ph's for every Ferocious, then see on average 10 Ferocious before one drops a chest, that would mean a player would need to camp, on average, 4,620 minutes, or 77 hours, before looting a single chest.

Doesn't that seem to be a little too rare for an inventory item that isn't even armor or a weapon??
Last edited by Jakob; 11-10-2021 at 01:38 PM..
Old 11-10-2021, 01:41 PM
Planar Protector

It's a free (almost-)tink bag: it's supposed to be hard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But as the person who killed over 500 of those sharks to arrive at that wiki number, I can assure you that the game's random number generator is streaky: you can absolutely go for 20 (if not 30 or 40) non-nameds in a row on a spawn point that has a (roughly) 1 in 10 chance of producing a named.

Just keep killing and eventually you'll get your chest. Loramin is carrying around like five of them, and I've given a couple to alts and sold some also; you just have to commit to the camp for the long haul (long enough to make a 500-entry spreadsheet ...)

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-10-2021, 02:12 PM
Fire Giant

I agree. I have camped it for weeks 8 hrs a day at work or more - and only ended up with 2 or 3. Can easily go a whole day with no named, and many wands before a chest.

“We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back.”
[60 Assassin] Ricquire (Wood Elf)
Old 11-10-2021, 03:23 PM
Banned

take loramin's words for a grain of salt

dude doesn't even play blue anymore
Old 11-10-2021, 03:35 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricquire [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree. I have camped it for weeks 8 hrs a day at work or more - and only ended up with 2 or 3. Can easily go a whole day with no named, and many wands before a chest.
Yep. Started camping again today since this morning. Still no spawn in 14+ hours.
Old 11-10-2021, 04:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
take loramin's words for a grain of salt

dude doesn't even play blue anymore
You have a very weird obsession with me. It ain't healthy bro.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-10-2021, 04:42 PM
Fire Giant

Very few people go to the length of logging hundreds of kills. Anyone who has, intrinsically understands the nature of probability more than the average player. 10% drop chance does not feel like 1 in 10.

“We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back.”
[60 Assassin] Ricquire (Wood Elf)
Old 11-10-2021, 04:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have a very weird obsession with me. It ain't healthy bro.
you should make a wiki article about me

*cons aggressive to loramin! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-10-2021, 08:46 PM
Skeleton

Day 2:

10 more spawns, no Ferocious. That's 35 - 40 spawns over two days without a single Ferocious.
Old 11-10-2021, 10:45 PM
Sarnak

loaded up my logs, as I just undertook this camp this summer/fall. it was brutal. here are my results:

07/01/21 - 10/31/21
(222) A cauldron hammerhead
(12) A ferocious hammerhead

got the treasure chest on the 12th ferocious. camp fuckin blows, but it's also mostly afk so w/e...

had stretches where it'd go days on end with no pop, and had one stretch where it spawned 3 times in a row (wand each time tho HEHE). it's eq baby, you know you love it.
Closed Thread