Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 04-13-2022, 01:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajbert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have no interest in competing with old blue guilds. Just because Seal Team's trip is done doesn't mean the ride is done for the rest of us who are still looking to get into ToV and Sleepers Tomb.
Ok yes that's very true. A more crowded server is more competition. It's good for low levels and grouping and bad for high end competition.

Since I exist in a perpetual low level state I think it will be good when the servers finally merge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But also consider that when the servers do merge there should be an all new Green server to start over again and poopsock, which means all this worrying about Warders and the Sleeper means nothing if everyone is just gonna start over again anyway, right?
Last edited by MrSparkle001; 04-13-2022 at 01:59 PM..
Old 04-13-2022, 02:27 PM
Aviak

If we wanted to have an honest conversation regarding the Warders, consider for a moment that they are a 6day +-24hr respawn, meaning it's a 48-hour window. Now I don't know about you guys but my socks aren't that big. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

So with the above, it should be clear that competitive Warders is obviously not a long-term endeavour. That leaves you with rotations. With that in mind, how do you prevent 18 disaffected or competitive Everquest players of any guild to adhere to such an arrangement? Ok, don't kill Ventani ever again, and that will work for a time (the current approach). So what happens when there are 300 or 400 keys on the server and it's trivial to rally 45 people to kill Ventani? Waking is inevitable and we've barely been able to keep it asleep as is.

I hope that gives some insight into the matter. Emotions are clearly at an all-time high, but there's far more to this than pixels. Banter aside, it would be helpful to understand that you can only control this situation for so long. Eventually either you wake it as a guild or someone does it for you. It does not matter what guild you belong to, if it were in Kingdom in this position, they would be facing the very same issues.

That's about all I will say on this matter. I respect everyone's point of view.
Old 04-13-2022, 02:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delekhan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So what happens when there are 300 or 400 keys on the server and it's trivial to rally 45 people to kill Ventani? Waking is inevitable and we've barely been able to keep it asleep as is.
Yup, this is the inevitable problem with Sleeper. When the server gets enough keyed players, it gets harder and harder to keep the Sleeper sleeping. He could even be awoken accidentally. Not everybody understands the Warder mechanic, and the more keyed players there are, the more likely an up and coming guild makes a mistake.
Old 04-13-2022, 02:50 PM
Banned

Honestly I kinda respect ST for not waking it sooner. It's definitely part of the game, and like it or not they earned it. On the other hand, they've been kinda floundering lately so it feels kind of anticlimactic, like oh hey yeah I guess let's do it now.
Old 04-13-2022, 03:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly I kinda respect ST for not waking it sooner. It's definitely part of the game, and like it or not they earned it. On the other hand, they've been kinda floundering lately so it feels kind of anticlimactic, like oh hey yeah I guess let's do it now.
Nobody else is even close to waking him. ST could farm this shit for longer. My guess is that if true that they're about to wake the old bugger that they're just tired of raiding and did what they set out to do. Once you got your masks, primals and fungi robes u don't give a shit.
Old 04-13-2022, 03:19 PM
Orc

That or people realize, socking 3 golems on a 3 day +/- 24hrs, 3 warders on a 6 day +/- 24hrs, key mobs, Vulaks, Doze. Just isn’t healthy nor is it fun for anyone. Then you ask or say, well rotate them. And my question is why? Why would anyone want to deal with a raid leadership that pulls the things Anarke and McGanahan have in this recent era.

Pre Velious I was actually asking if we’d rotate warders, and after the continuous “GMs don’t count seconds.” Yeli stalls, LTK exit trains (don’t get it twisted ST has done things also) the classic “control your raid mob” I don’t feel bad for kingdom, they chose to ignore key mobs for 7 months, and when they decided to compete the Kill 1 Concede 2 atmosphere began and just wasn’t pretty.

**Disclaimer** These our opinions of the author alone, please take them as such
Last edited by Phraxas; 04-13-2022 at 03:21 PM..
Old 04-13-2022, 04:06 PM
Aviak

If your guild is now suddenly tired of these "fun social socks chatting with pals waiting for dragons" why not *gasp* stop doing them if you don't want to? That's what other guilds do. You know, let life take precedent over a game?
Old 04-13-2022, 04:07 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phraxas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That or people realize, socking 3 golems on a 3 day +/- 24hrs, 3 warders on a 6 day +/- 24hrs, key mobs, Vulaks, Doze. Just isn’t healthy nor is it fun for anyone. Then you ask or say, well rotate them. And my question is why? Why would anyone want to deal with a raid leadership that pulls the things Anarke and McGanahan have in this recent era.

Pre Velious I was actually asking if we’d rotate warders, and after the continuous “GMs don’t count seconds.” Yeli stalls, LTK exit trains (don’t get it twisted ST has done things also) the classic “control your raid mob” I don’t feel bad for kingdom, they chose to ignore key mobs for 7 months, and when they decided to compete the Kill 1 Concede 2 atmosphere began and just wasn’t pretty.

**Disclaimer** These our opinions of the author alone, please take them as such
Propaganda.
Old 04-13-2022, 04:30 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by adruidarkly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If your guild is now suddenly tired of these "fun social socks chatting with pals waiting for dragons" why not *gasp* stop doing them if you don't want to? That's what other guilds do. You know, let life take precedent over a game?
Don’t forget that disclaimer my friend
Old 04-13-2022, 04:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok yes that's very true. A more crowded server is more competition. It's good for low levels and grouping and bad for high end competition.

Since I exist in a perpetual low level state I think it will be good when the servers finally merge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But also consider that when the servers do merge there should be an all new Green server to start over again and poopsock, which means all this worrying about Warders and the Sleeper means nothing if everyone is just gonna start over again anyway, right?
Seal Team about to learn what it's like to be the bottom bitch of the server. Vanquish will destroy them. Heck, even riot would demolish them in their current state.