Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2015, 02:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentathiel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The opening post had three strong indicators of douche-baggery; 1) epic at 22 as though this was some badge of honour, 2) 'gay' like some 12-year old from the 1990s, 3) the 'back later to receive your tribute' tone of the message.

We don't like you... You are not our kind of people...

Having an epic at 22 is not even an issue, defining yourself by it is a major issue. Saying 'epic rogue' suggests that you are unskilled, probably either power-levelled or used bought quest items to get up that high. So the question is, do we want to play with someone who doesn't know how to play their class, has three points in skills like hide and backstab, will question our sexuality if we don't like up to his twinked standards and generally seems to believe that the universe owes him something.
other way around. We actually like people who show initiative and try to better themselves by getting gear and making their own groups. Saying he doesn't know how to play his class because he has an epic is laughable. What we don't like is preachy casual trash like yourself who try and put down people due to gear envy but at the same time make a magelo page for their level nine cleric.

Future Taken member.
Get a life scum.
Last edited by Tiggles; 03-06-2015 at 02:50 PM..
Old 03-06-2015, 03:45 PM
Fire Giant

Have to agree that including the epic in your post puts a bad taste in one's mouth, I'd also take issue with the use of the word gay, but this is the internet and I feel like that is not choosing your battles very wisely
Old 03-06-2015, 03:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
other way around. We actually like people who show initiative and try to better themselves by getting gear and making their own groups. Saying he doesn't know how to play his class because he has an epic is laughable. What we don't like is preachy casual trash like yourself who try and put down people due to gear envy but at the same time make a magelo page for their level nine cleric.

Future Taken member.
Get a life scum.
One more thing, could you do the world a favor and kill yourself?

That would be great, thanks
Old 03-06-2015, 03:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd also take issue with the use of the word gay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Safon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
kill yourself?

That would be great, thanks
Womp Womp
Old 03-06-2015, 03:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Have to agree that including the epic in your post puts a bad taste in one's mouth, I'd also take issue with the use of the word gay, but this is the internet and I feel like that is not choosing your battles very wisely
someone has to hold the floor against that type of language/behavior in our culture... you just end up getting flamed like i did but oh well... you would think on a 15 year old game focused around classic nostalgia i wouldn't have to feel like i am playing with a bunch of people who ignore the side effects of it in our communities.
Old 03-06-2015, 04:01 PM
Planar Protector

I'm hear for the language debate!

But first, OP is a douche, but not because he has an epic, that is kinda an odd call :/ I think his behavior alone earns him that title and don't really understand what the epic has to do with it :/ I am confused T.T

On the whole alpha/beta deal, you truly do not understand dominance. True dominance does not require substantiation and aggression is a demonstration of weakness because you lack power to elicit the response you desire otherwise. Food for thought.

Onto the language debate!

Gay does not mean undesirable as used by the OP. It is a retaliatory perversion of language in defiance of an existing perversion

It is no better (or worse) than use of the term 'gay' to mean homosexual, or the term 'bitch' to refer to women, 'bum' to refer to impoverished, or 'progressive' to refer to communist. If we are to accept that gay is homosexual under the pretense that it is the desire of a specific subsection of our culture, then we must also acknowledge that communism is progressivism, the poor are bums and women are bitches. I am opposed to each of those because they are all biased with the intent to alter others' perception of the subjects.

Let's all stop perverting language to propagate our own ideals.
Old 03-06-2015, 04:03 PM
Fire Giant

Someone needs to go to Jelly School
Old 03-06-2015, 04:04 PM
Fire Giant

jesus christ

I just wanted a group, and you disgusting autists shit up my thread

go take a shower
Old 03-06-2015, 04:06 PM
Planar Protector

He posted it because it's a point of enticement for wanting to group with him. Why is that hard to grasp?
Old 03-06-2015, 04:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by koros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He posted it because it's a point of enticement for wanting to group with him. Why is that hard to grasp?
I agree, it is a differentiator. Saying he shouldn't post is like saying people shouldn't include the make/model of their car when selling it, because it appears they are flaunting their wealth....

Car 50k
Car 50k

Which do you choose?
Closed Thread