Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2016, 07:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EQ Next was going to be based on Overwatch MOBA design pretty much a straight direct copy and paste.

Overwatch is EQ Next in many ways. So if you were going to check out EQ Next combat, this is the combat system it had being used in Overwatch.

MOBA style is the future of MMO combat. City of Heroes style. etc.

Team Fortress 2 kicks shit out of Overwatch though. Not even close. Most of the people replying here have spent thousands and thousands of dollars on Blizzard games. They buy the latest piece of shit.

<--- 0 Dollars spent on D3. If you can't say that you have no credibility.
Played i think a month of WoW back in vanilla. Never played D3(played D2 and enjoyed it very much for a few years). Never played SC2. Tried HotS when it came out and basically its just a waterdown version of LoL so wasnt really impressed. Ive probably played maybe 100 or so matches in Hearthstone and bought the first expansion pack or whatever it was for 20 bucks for something to do. Was ok and i still play it occasionally(probably not as much now as it was my 10-15 min timekiller and now overwatch has that slot). Overwatch is just a very fun game that combines things i like(FPS and MOBA). So no probably not most of the people here have given blizzard thousands of dollars but i will give a game credit when its due and not just dismiss it because of the company it has come from.
Old 05-26-2016, 07:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It has classes, sorry to inform you of this.

It totals up to 21 combinations. Are 21 combinations, that's right, CLASSES, all viable and necessary and fit into a place in the game? Or is it just a big gimmick to sell some boxes and give you shiny and new?
No there is 5 categories of characters and there are 21 characters that each have between 4 and 6 abilities that are on timers that make you use strategy on when you use said abilites in a team effort to secure/defend a objective.
Old 05-26-2016, 07:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by big [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
a "character" is a class plus a marketable character model/voice

it is very much like a iryd overwatch fan type to retreat into babby semantic arguments tho. keep doin whachu doin rock your own alternative punk style brought to you by hot topic™.
i consider the "class" more the offensive/defensive/support/builder category.
Old 05-26-2016, 11:17 PM
Aviak

It's a fun game.

Console version went down to $50.00

I played throughout closed beta so I feel that I already got my money's worth many times over.

I guess if you can't afford 40-50 bucks you have other issues to worry about in life.
Old 05-27-2016, 01:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by big [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Of course they're all vital.

The healer character who runs around with a useless gun and passively heals anyone within radius is vital to gamergirl streamers who can't play games. The reaper character with the mask from Dishonored is vital to people who like Bethesda games and Assassin's Creed. Hanzo is vital to "weebs" who play shitty Western games with inferior fanservice. The engineer guy is vital because "it's like TF2 but new and better". And Tracer and her ass animation were absolutely instrumental to the viral marketing campaign.
Do the rest. What's pharah?
Old 05-27-2016, 02:17 AM
Banned

I'm not 100% sure what a kang is but these are so good do the rest plz
Old 05-27-2016, 02:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iandyan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's a fun game.

Console version went down to $50.00

I played throughout closed beta so I feel that I already got my money's worth many times over.

I guess if you can't afford 40-50 bucks you have other issues to worry about in life.
I can afford it and I am looking for a game to buy.

I'm eyeing DS3, Overwatch, and The Division...well that's it I guess.

I just have serious concerns about gimmicks based on the way Overwatch was marketed. Its art style is a little more gimmicky than WoW/Leagues and certainly DOTA. I am also not a huge fan of corporate Blizzard, as their track record is dogshit since the merge. SC2 is a terrible game, and D3 robbed so many people blind.

I'm afraid this is somehow reflected in the gameplay but so far the reviews of the gameplay are "ok" but not stellar. I am guessing its a decent enough game for casuals or Blizzard wouldn't have greenlit it and spent so much money on it, BUT can it sustain extreme competitive play like Team Fortress 2 can? Y/N.

IRYD chime in on what games out of the 3 listed above you own.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 05-27-2016, 10:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
3) Diablo 3 – Stop complaining about when it released – the current incarnation makes it the best ARPG to ever exist, there is literally no better ARPG...Path of Exile? LAWL
I agree for the most part. D3 was terrible at launch -- and Jay Wilson was the opposite of responsive. He actually continued to make things worse until they "transferred" him. Everyone in here bashing Blizzard is evidence of how disappointing most people found the game.

If it was released in its current form, I don't think there would have been all this anger. Some people were probably simply realizing they hate action RPGs for the first time. That shit is for teenagers.

Edit: I liked warcraft 3. It was skill based, even if the BM and DH were kind of lame. Blizzard went down hill after Vanilla WoW -- and it is directly traceable to them being bought out and put under the thump of corporate shill named Robert Kotick.
Last edited by JurisDictum; 05-27-2016 at 10:21 AM..
Old 05-27-2016, 10:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blizzard is the best video game developer….ever? I don’t think that’s an exaggeration. I have never played a Blizzard game that wasn’t head and shoulders the best game on the market at the time of its release.

1) Diablo 1 – pretty much revolutionary and created an entire genre
2) Diablo 2 – Can’t count how many hours I spent on this game in high school – a genre defining game that set a new standard
3) Diablo 3 – Stop complaining about when it released – the current incarnation makes it the best ARPG to ever exist, there is literally no better ARPG...Path of Exile? LAWL
4) Warcraft 1 – one of my first computer games that I owned, pioneered RTS genre – How can you not love Warcraft
5) Warcraft 2 – For me this is the defining Warcraft game and one I have played countless times
6) Warcraft 3 – Started going off the plantation here and mixing up the formula, but its still an awesome game with legit expansions. Game is great and better than anything else that was out at the time.
7) Starcraft 1 – There are TV stations in Korea that do nothing but televise Starcraft matches….enough said
8) Starcraft 2 – I have not played legacy of the void, but I challenge anyone to find a better single player RTS experience than any of new SC games – fun level 10/10
9) World of Warcraft – love it or hate it, this game is what made computer games popular to an entire generation of gamers
10) Hearthstone – never played, seems like a kiddy game for FGTs
11) Overwatch - ??? Will most likely follow the same path of EVERY OTHER Blizzard game they have ever made.

People who say they hate Blizzard make me want to punch them in the face, they are the best video game developer in the history of video games
so good that you forgot about Heroes of the Storm...survey says both LoL and DOTA2 are more popular.
Old 05-27-2016, 10:28 AM
Planar Protector

I was neve able to get into a Blizzard game. Diablo II was kind of fun, but repetitive and tiring. Starcraft was ok, but I liked Age of Empires better. Never played WoW.