Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2019, 06:21 PM
Banned

Default Tank/healer combo for now and later?

Hi all,

as soon as I can get two machines up and running, my girlfriend and I will be playing on either green or teal.

I played on live from 2000 to 2004 as a Bard with cleric, mage, and druid alts, played on blue and red as a bard as well.

My girlfriend will be a first-timer so I was thinking of rolling a healing class and a tank.

On past servers, the most I saw was Sham and either warrior or SK. I was thinking of rolling the healer and having my girlfriend tank.

My question is this: I want a class combo that will work for duoing all the way to high levels, but then also be beneficial if we decide to get into the raiding scene.

From what I remember, Paladins, druids, and SKs lose some of their luster later on and warriors become more important, although warriors sort of suck early on.

I'm trying to balance that. I was thinking that it'd be great to have a druid be the healer, but I remember slows being so much more important later on as you level up. Initially I was thinking of going Troll Sham and Ogre War, but maybe SK instead. Was also thinking druid paladin combo as well.

What do you guys think is the best combo for classic for 2 people duoing and possibly grouping with an eye on possibly raiding later on?

And what classes are over represented right now?

Thanks
Old 11-29-2019, 06:26 PM
Aviak

Monk and shaman or Ranger and shaman
Old 11-29-2019, 06:40 PM
Planar Protector

Reported for boxing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-29-2019, 06:46 PM
Banned

enc / enc most powerful duo
Old 11-29-2019, 06:54 PM
Skeleton

Shadowknight & Shaman > than all Combo's even Monk & Shaman.

Agro. Agro. Agro. It's the super group till the end. Monk/shaman comes close but doesn't really pass till the end of velius with 2HB combat changes and that's 2+ years away and a maybe.

Edit- and have to add lol for the enchanter/enchanter and ranger/shaman combo, like whut? SK and Shammy is the lock down duo for anything in game to the last day.
Last edited by Nizilfkm; 11-29-2019 at 06:58 PM..
Old 11-29-2019, 07:17 PM
Orc

EQ is how you lose girlfriends if shits classic
Old 11-29-2019, 07:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12point [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EQ is how you lose girlfriends if shits classic
Good one.

But that's why I want her to play with me. Otherwise, I'll only play when she's not around.
Old 11-29-2019, 07:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizilfkm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shadowknight & Shaman > than all Combo's even Monk & Shaman.

Agro. Agro. Agro. It's the super group till the end. Monk/shaman comes close but doesn't really pass till the end of velius with 2HB combat changes and that's 2+ years away and a maybe.

Edit- and have to add lol for the enchanter/enchanter and ranger/shaman combo, like whut? SK and Shammy is the lock down duo for anything in game to the last day.
6 enchanters is the perfect group. You charm 1 camp and wipe another. Xp quickly while denying others kills.
Old 11-29-2019, 08:08 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Warrior and Rogue

Won't need a healer if you're already dead. Have to think ahead on these things.
Old 11-29-2019, 08:27 PM
Kobold

Chanters are wildly overpowered, so yeah, forget tank healer if you want to destroy things as fast as possible.

Ranger and Shaman would be a fun combo, though. The only issue might be that the ranger levels slower due to xp penalty of playing a hybrid (bard/paladin/shadowknight/ranger). You can minimize this by playing a Troll or Ogre shaman. They get a larger racial penalty than a Barbarian does.

SK and Shaman would be the way to go for max efficiency if you want to play tank/healer as other posters mentioned.
Closed Thread