Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2018, 03:27 PM
Orc

Default Weapon Opinion

Was looking for some opinions on a weapon I've been using on my lvl 17 cleric. I'm currently using a Runed Elder Staff which is 2HB with +50 Mana and +50 HP. It was given to me by a nice druid when I was lvl 4. It's the only magic item I have.

I'm torn on whether I should keep using it or give it to my lvl9 druid and grab a shield and get my 1HB started. I don't see any clerics using 2HB and frankly it just doesn't seem to hit very often and is slow. I'm not concerned about losing the 50 mana since i'm never full while in a group anyways but the 50 HP is nice. Thanks in advance for any input!
Old 07-30-2018, 03:56 PM
Kobold

At 17 you're getting to the point where you won't be meleeing much if at all anymore. The 50 mana and 50 hp on the staff are good for you at this level, so I wouldn't change it out. Spend your pp on other upgrades first [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-31-2018, 12:27 AM
Kobold

I think 2hb is better for cleric since the weapons are usually slower. With a slow weapon, you can stand up, turn on auto attack, and sit again in between mana ticks more easily and do more damage than with fast weapons. As a cleric your priority is healing so you should be medding 100% of the time if possible. This stand, attack and then sit tactic can allow you to continue medding and do a little melee damage at the same time.

Hammer of Rage is relatively cheap, about 500pp, and slow with good damage(30). Might be worth looking out for.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Hammer_of_Rage
Old 07-31-2018, 04:59 AM
Orc

Great points. Thanks guys!
Old 07-31-2018, 02:30 PM
Fire Giant

Doesnt matter how often youre fm, rather how often youre oom.

If we’re both fm and you have a 300 manapool and i have a 350 manapool, then we both spend 200 mana, how much mana do we each have remaining?

Takes longer to go oom when you have a bigger pool
Closed Thread