Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-30-2019, 01:18 PM
Skeleton

Default Is Spamming a Skill, to Skill Up Skills, Harrassment?

I was at the entrance to EC tunnel (where I always am when selling) selling an item. While I was there I was skilling up Divination (I always skilll up skills while selling even on Blue). I was casting it over and over again as you do when trying to get skill ups. I was asked (politely, yes) to move because it was bothering this one particular player. I ignored them and kept skilling up. I have done this same exact thing on numerous occasions and no complaints.

Well, this player got increasingly more adamant about me moving because it was bothering him and cluttering up his chat window (apparently he uses one window). I didn't move. One other person complained about it as well. So now we're up to 2 complaining. I guess these 2 sent petitions and I was contacted by a GM/Guide.

This was his initial message to me: "stop".

He didn't say who he was (that he was a GM or a Guide) or asked what was going on; he simply just said "stop". To keep this short and I will get to the point. I was eventually moved to a different spot close to the tunnel entrance.

To me, this sets a very bad precedent. You can be petitioned for doing something that is a part of the game and a GM/Guide will be on their side. So, if you want to skill up skills you had better not be around anyone that can see your messages, because you might get petitioned.