Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 11:52 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ok apparently I was confusing what commands I had bound to A and D, but I sure as hell strafed away from orc pawns to make it to guards

Turning left or right while moving forward and using mouse was apparently what I did aka the 3 keys Lazie was mentioning. He was being a dick though knowing I was most likely talking about the exact same method.

Lazie arguing to argue as usual lol

I am hearing that the 30 sec de-aggro thing is not working and mobs are forgetting the instant you hit the chase distance maximum, anyone confirm this?
Why would you assume I am arguing to argue ? I am going off my memory and a current client I am playing on. They probably have mobs forgetting immediately because of FTE messages FYI.

Because if mobs remember for 24 seconds it would be easy to stall engages with that range and claim it was the Leash's fault.
Old 02-13-2017, 11:55 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah but mobs would still hit you if you didn't jump. You gained no advantage from it until clients after PoP.
No, they wouldn't.

Diagonal running offering a higher speed than straight running is a feature of the EQ game engine. It is fundamental to how the game engine works. It existed on Live just like it does on P99, it is identical.

If you couldn't make it work, that's your problem.
Old 02-13-2017, 11:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ok apparently I was confusing what commands I had bound to A and D, but I sure as hell strafed away from orc pawns to make it to guards

Turning left or right while moving forward and using mouse was apparently what I did aka the 3 keys Lazie was mentioning. He was being a dick though knowing I was most likely talking about the exact same method.

Lazie arguing to argue as usual lol

I am hearing that the 30 sec de-aggro thing is not working and mobs are forgetting the instant you hit the chase distance maximum, anyone confirm this?
I hope you feel bad about not remembering how you interacted with your computer 17 years ago
Old 02-13-2017, 11:59 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdTuBrutus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, they wouldn't.

Diagonal running offering a higher speed than straight running is a feature of the EQ game engine. It is fundamental to how the game engine works. It existed on Live just like it does on P99, it is identical.

If you couldn't make it work, that's your problem.
Ok. Listen I had my experience with the game in classic I mentioned above. I am currently playing on and older client than the one P99 uses. Strafe running does not gain you an advantage there either. Again I am not going to argue with what other people "remember". I am going off of personal experience for my stance. We don't have to agree.
Old 02-13-2017, 12:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hope you feel bad about not remembering how you interacted with your computer 17 years ago
He shouldn't. Erati is a good guy. We just had different experiences apparently.
Old 02-13-2017, 12:02 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok. Listen I had my experience with the game in classic I mentioned above. I am currently playing on and older client than the one P99 uses. Strafe running does not gain you an advantage there either. Again I am not going to argue with what other people "remember". I am going off of personal experience for my stance. We don't have to agree.
So this older client doesn't let you slightly keep ahead of a monster out of damage range until you zone while holding W D and right click?
Old 02-13-2017, 12:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
He shouldn't. Erati is a good guy. We just had different experiences apparently.
I was being facetious lol
Old 02-13-2017, 12:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So this older client doesn't let you slightly keep ahead of a monster out of damage range until you zone while holding W D and right click?
Nope. Trust me I used strafe a lot in Classic PVP and you can ask Detoxx who showed him how to lock in strafe with the keyboard. I know how to strafe. If others had better luck with it I am not going to argue with them though.
Old 02-13-2017, 12:08 PM
Kobold

On a side note, I'm pretty sure this de-aggro update its distance from you and the monster, not number of steps a monster takes. So strafe running will never drop aggro, atleast not before you make it to a zone line. You would need to circle the zone a few times lol. I am just saying this so people don't keep turning around to see if the mob is still there, it will be unless you have Sow or something equivalent.
Old 02-13-2017, 12:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was being facetious lol
I know. That was me tossing a truce up to him.
Closed Thread