Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 10:58 AM
Kobold

Default Question about Epics

I know you cannot equip epics until 46, but can you get your epic before then? Like just keep it in your inventory?

Or would the quest turn in fail because you are under leveled and you just lose all your turn in items.
Old 03-01-2017, 11:01 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know you cannot equip epics until 46, but can you get your epic before then? Like just keep it in your inventory?

Or would the quest turn in fail because you are under leveled and you just lose all your turn in items.
You can get them at any level, and should be able to use them at any level also. (Cough cough level requirements on epics are NOT CLASSIC cough cough)
Old 03-01-2017, 11:03 AM
Planar Protector

Turned in my Shaman epic pre-46.

It's really unfortunate them implemented that level requirement on Epics. I did several Epics pre-46 on Live and there isn't really any indication the quests of Kunark were sophisticated enough to check against level was rewarding steps. No other quests in the era do this. Nor is there any comment about some change allowing level 1s to acquire Epics (there is no reason they would ever remove a level requirement retroactively like this).
Old 03-01-2017, 11:05 AM
Kobold

Ok that is good to know, thanks guys.
Old 03-01-2017, 11:07 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It's really unfortunate them implemented that level requirement on Epics. I did several Epics pre-46 on Live and there isn't really any indication the quests of Kunark were sophisticated enough to check against level was rewarding steps. No other quests in the era do this. Nor is there any comment about some change allowing level 1s to acquire Epics (there is no reason they would ever remove a level requirement retroactively like this).
They did it because lvl 1's with cleric clickies and rogue epics "trivialized" the content iirc.
Old 03-01-2017, 11:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Telin in BW(ranger epic) gave me a message like "You are not yet experienced enough this is too dangerous for you" on AK. Or is that bad faction?
Old 03-01-2017, 12:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreenk317 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They did it because lvl 1's with cleric clickies and rogue epics "trivialized" the content iirc.
Clerics couldnt click at lvl 1 anyway, was a stat stick

P much all rogue twinks had epic tho, rog and monk were so good to twink with
Old 03-01-2017, 12:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:

I'm quite certain it has more to do with mitigating RMT than it is to keep it a classic mechanic.
Old 03-01-2017, 01:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackattack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Telin wont talk to you before level 50 (first step is to hail him for a note) but if you give him the items he will reward you with epic. I did my Ranger epic at like level 40 and just kept it in my bag until 46.
This. Not talking and not rewarding are different. Can MQ past all of these steps by having a higher level talk.
Old 03-01-2017, 01:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
This. Not talking and not rewarding are different. Can MQ past all of these steps by having a higher level talk.
not to split hairs but doesn't that show intent?
Closed Thread