Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2019, 06:02 PM
Orc

Default Why Green

I have been pretty excited about the idea of green, but didn't think I would install the game again. Come launch day, Friday night I decided to play... Went home and installed.
There is something about classic EQ that modern games lack, but blue 99 is just too whored out after the years. Too much gear, too many alts, ect.
Green is a chance to play on the reboot, to get in with the scrubs and experience early EQ... Well, kind of, again.
It is fun and nostalgic, but it will never be 1999 again. Everyone knows the game now, Google answers every question, and gamer mentality has changed.
That said, it is a good time still!
One inevitable truth remains. I was a single 19 y/o in 1999... In married now, with a baby and successful career. I will never be server best.
So I reason that I can't play, why bother? I have forgotten how to play games, to play them... I want to dominate them. In reality, early classic EQ is my fondest memories... Not raiding, and being neck beard with best pixels.
It is a strange thing, to realize you need to just play the game, not try to dominate it. But I'll do that... I just want to enjoy. Maybe I'll succeed, maybe not. In the endthis server will be the next blue. I'm in for the good times, however long that may be.
I only wanted to share because I know there are others like me! See you in Blackburrow and Guk, probably not Velious!
Old 10-29-2019, 06:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrez ZVyx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm married now, with a baby and successful career.
Everquest isnt for you if you want to keep these things
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-29-2019, 06:13 PM
Banned

it took me almost 72 hours to get to lvl 7

nobody said playing a troll shadowknight was easy
Old 10-29-2019, 06:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by silo32 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it took me almost 72 hours to get to lvl 7

nobody said playing a troll shadowknight was easy
based
Old 10-29-2019, 06:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrez ZVyx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everyone knows the game now, Google answers every question
Play on green in groups for more than a few days, and you'll find yourself surprised.

I saw probably 1/2 the shamans in innothule heal with minor heal instead of IF, and it isn't because there is a higher-level IF already on their target. Shams dex buffing themselves. Shams casting drowsy on a blue that's below half and dies in 10 seconds regardless. Etc.

"eVeRYboDy KnoWS tHE gAmE!!1!!"
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 10-29-2019 at 06:22 PM..
Old 10-29-2019, 06:18 PM
Fire Giant

Crack open a beer
Put family on /ignore
No call no show work
See if your divorce lawyer accepts medium quality cat pelts to handle your child support case
Go on disability
Still not get a guise
Old 10-29-2019, 06:20 PM
Sarnak

The camaraderie of people just like you, many who spent years on this the first time, just like me, is why it is worth it to me. I died at the top of Blackburrow, because I was cocky, as I ran low health to Everfrost to join a group.

They patiently waited for me to navigate, blind as a bat at night, the ice labyrinth to get to the Mammoth “highway”. I successfully avoided a Vengeful Composer.

I arrive to meet a group of kilted rogue barbarians, that shouted during a bad pull “Don’t let the small human cleric die! Barbarians are expendable!” And they died, not a bad word, as my mana ran out. (Karana, the heals are crappy at level six!)

No hizzyfits with spotty teenagers carping at L2P. Grownups having fun in a crappy old game (which is brilliant in its “hardcoreness”) that brings out the best in most of you.

See you Guk or Befallen, or wherever. /salute
Old 10-30-2019, 06:29 PM
Sarnak

Blackburrow tonight. Master Brewer and elite trains to zone repeatedly. Several of my group died several times. One died twice getting back from Halas to a Vengeful skelly. Two have never played EQ before. No harsh words, nobody quit. All laughed the whole way through and several said it was the best game night for a long time. Classic being classy. Loving it.
Closed Thread