Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2020, 04:07 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Lvl 18 rouge looking for advice

Hello all! I am new to everquest p99. I started live during Biel of malaria and played a raid geared warrior for 5 years. This is all new to me. I've been sitting at lvl 18 rog for a long time now and struggling to find somewhere to level. I keep going to unrest but there is never a group and I find myself standing there for 3 hours on a list. I have 2 nice pokers and deal decent damage with full banded armor. Any advice for leveling from 18-25? I just feel unrest is too populated and the groups I have been in are high level players so I dont get much xp.
Old 04-29-2020, 04:18 PM
Kobold

I would suggest upper guk. Maybe even Beholders maze, but I'm not certain how busy it is lately.
Old 04-29-2020, 04:27 PM
Fire Giant

Do you put up your LFG tag?

My suggestion is do a /who all whatever zone. Send random people a tell who are within your lvl range. See if they have a group and who the leader is, ask to be on list. This way you can be on several lists at the same time. It gets easier as you group more because you recognize names who you grouped with before.
Old 04-29-2020, 04:27 PM
Aviak

Upper guk could be solid. Entryway to permafrost should provide decent hunting in a group at that level range (or maybe 19+) and you could honestly stay there till your 30's. Maybe oasis as well? Lake rathe also might be appropriate. Either the gnolls/undead at the entrance or aviak guards on the ladder or at the arena entrance. You might have to bring your own group to lake rathe tho.
Old 04-29-2020, 04:37 PM
Sarnak

As a rogue, you basically have to pray to whichever deity you picked that a group will have an opening in the next 3 hours. If you went agnostic, then you are screwed

Hope this helps
Old 04-29-2020, 04:44 PM
Large Bat

Highpass Hold, Upper Guk, Oasis. There are more spots for potential groups on Antonica at your level, whereas in Faydwer you have Unrest and MistMoore.
Old 04-29-2020, 08:22 PM
Aviak

Oasis is super popular for the 15-20ish level range. The crocs on the shore are best exp but not much loot. Orc Highway has decent money loot but definitely less exp per mob/lower level mobs. There are a lot more possible camps in Oasis than Unrest.

Unrest has what, Main Room, 2nd Floor and Basement for level range 15-30?? And even then, they poach mobs from each other/people outside the house snag downstairs mobs too sometimes.

Then just 2 zones over from Oasis is Guk, which could be what 15+? A lot of 20ish go there sometimes. Just bind in West Freeport and run to Oasis and check it out! You could probably solo some Caimans for decent exp in Oasis, or maybe even crocodiles while you look for group. It is sorta slow as they get me down to about 2 bubbles of HP as a 16/17 rogue, but it is better than nothing! Possible to solo 1 orc too depending.

I do see people in Gorge of King Xorb (the zone off of Runnyeye). You do /who Beholder all to see who is there. Usually at least 1 group.

/who Oasis all

/who Guktop all

I currently am a 17 rogue or 17 shaman myself depending on which I log into.

You could probably solo some Caimans for decent exp in Oasis, or maybe even crocodiles. It is sorta slow as they get me down to about 2 bubs of HP, but it is better than nothing! Possible to solo some Orcs too depending.
Last edited by Spoonerism; 04-29-2020 at 08:28 PM..
Old 04-29-2020, 10:00 PM
Planar Protector

At level 18 I usually solo scarecrows in WK until 22. They are very low HP and even a rogue can solo them then. Go for the lowest blues until 22.
Old 04-30-2020, 05:53 AM
Planar Protector

20 - 35 Mistmoore Castle Pond/Alley -> GY -> Castle Entrance
25 - 35 High Keep Goblins
35 - 41 Splitpaw Lair DD -> Bridge 1/2 -> 2/4 -> Judges -> Ishva
35 - 41 Cazic Thule (Zone) Pyramid CY/Archon or Cazic CY
41 - 50 Nagafen's Lair Kobolds -> Bats n bugs
41 - 50 Lower Guk Dead Side
sauce

Can do CT/Paw past 45 but it's kind of low brow
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 04-30-2020, 01:19 PM
Aviak

I just did 18-23 in upper guk on my rogue, it was a relative breeze. Hang out by the scryer room and help them kill mobs (wait until mob has 50%) until a space opens up, should be able to get a level per session until 21 or so, then you can consider warden or moving to MM.
Closed Thread