Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 02:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If you have a newborn/toddler, EQ isn't a very forgiving game. Don't join a fast-paced group if you have to constantly check on your little ones.

I'm not saying you have no right to play, but way too many times have I encountered people that complain about having to take care of a crying child because it inconveniences their elf simulator time...

Could you imagine being raised by someone like that? I'd hope I came before an EQ emulator in my parent's priorities.
Careful there, you may offend another one of people's sensitivities because they feel guilty.

Totally agree though.

Having said that, I play with a cleric who takes care of her child and groups simultaneously - while not neglecting it! The difference between her and most of the people in this thread, is that she still manages to be courteous about the fact that HER life is affecting the level of consistency and attention she can have towards the game - rather than having the attitude that other people in the game are affecting her real life. Despite everything she puts up with, she'll communicate always. And in turn, we always happily let her go about handling things when she needs to, without question.

And that's the crux here. Apparently some people are too good to communicate - I guess it's beneath them!
Last edited by Hollywood; 04-02-2014 at 02:20 PM..
Old 04-02-2014, 06:03 PM
Kobold

Old 04-02-2014, 06:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Having said that, I play with a cleric who takes care of her child and groups simultaneously - while not neglecting it!
Clerics... Second only to wizard in the AFKability.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:27 PM
Kobold

I had a Wizard friend on TZ that would join exp groups, participate for the first 15 minutes.. then just go take a nap. He'd get full levels before anyone realized it and called him out and booted him / killed him. he was a douche.. ha.

I think the common consensus is that any decent human being will try to provide a warning/find a replacement when they're leaving, but you can't expect that to always pan out. life happens. some things are more important. you will never get perfect transitions. try to build your groups to accommodate the loss of vital roles.. or go do something else when it happens.
Old 04-02-2014, 10:02 PM
Planar Protector

[QUOTE=Hollywood;1395927]

she still manages to be courteous about the fact that HER life is affecting the level of consistency and attention she can have towards the game - rather than having the attitude that other people in the game are affecting her real life. [QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't think that people are missing the fact that real life can affect yourself and others in game at times. I'm pretty sure what they are saying is that it doesn't ultimately matter because this is only a game. It isn't THAT important. Its fun. But it isn't more important than rl stuff. Any rl stuff.
Old 04-03-2014, 12:12 AM
Orc

[QUOTE=Glenzig;1396643][QUOTE=Hollywood;1395927]

she still manages to be courteous about the fact that HER life is affecting the level of consistency and attention she can have towards the game - rather than having the attitude that other people in the game are affecting her real life.
Quote:

Yeah, I don't think that people are missing the fact that real life can affect yourself and others in game at times. I'm pretty sure what they are saying is that it doesn't ultimately matter because this is only a game. It isn't THAT important. Its fun. But it isn't more important than rl stuff. Any rl stuff.
Except when poopsocking.
Old 04-03-2014, 02:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by lecompte [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Clerics... Second only to wizard in the AFKability.
Wow, total jab at Alarti!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenzig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

That's the thing, they DO seem to be missing the fact, and then go on to say that because real life is more important that it's a license to be a complete ahole and exhibit no accountability for their actions.
Last edited by Khaleesi; 04-03-2014 at 02:15 PM..
Old 04-03-2014, 02:27 PM
Kobold

OP, srsly?
Old 04-03-2014, 04:34 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If you have a newborn/toddler, EQ isn't a very forgiving game. Don't join a fast-paced group if you have to constantly check on your little ones.

I'm not saying you have no right to play, but way too many times have I encountered people that complain about having to take care of a crying child because it inconveniences their elf simulator time...

Could you imagine being raised by someone like that? I'd hope I came before an EQ emulator in my parent's priorities.
I shit you not the following happened in live:

I was in a group of regulars that I'd made good friends with (we still are) and we had another guild member with us. Let's call her "Mama" *snerk*

We were doing an XP group in the Tower of Frozen Shadow. Mama was a shaman and usually a sponge. Not because she was tending to her kids mind you. She would sponge XP because she never, ever stopped gabbing away in /gu and /g about all kinds of things nobody cared about. Mama tells the group that one of her kids comes running up to her RL chair, kid holding her arm and crying. Mama tells the group not to worry.

Mama proceeded to soak up another 2 hours of XP. When she finally left she told the group that the kid had broken her arm.

We STILL wonder how that kid turned out... It was creepy. Wondered if it was real or just attention whoring. Either way. Yeesh.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:16 PM
Kobold

Hell no , im a tank! What are they gonna do?? Not invite me back when they need a tank lol pftttt.....

Portsfour Pie Gnome Wizard
Fappjack Akalilfappy Gnome Warrior
Iksars Suck Human Monk

"Yup,... that just might be proof that we have failed as a species lol."
Closed Thread