Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2021, 01:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is nothing wrong with binding in Fear. There is a 100% safe spot that people do it even now. Sugz4 still does it and he is a better player than anyone reading this thread, as was Redwjamz.
I find the skill cap in this game to be relatively low... it really is a time sink..

like today I can't play EverQuest but I can post on forums... because if I join a group in EverQuest it becomes a serious commitment that last for hours really....

And I have too much things I need to do today to where I cant make that kind of commitment.. now on a game like WoW, you can log in and do a daily quest, run an instance, do a battleground, or a few arenas and take a break.. EQ just isnt set up that way.

Mechanically I would consider WoW a harder.. EQ is more of a time sink/commitment, and knowledge is important, but also abundantly available now...
Old 05-20-2021, 01:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I find the skill cap in this game to be relatively low... it really is a time sink..

like today I can't play EverQuest but I can post on forums... because if I join a group in EverQuest it becomes a serious commitment that last for hours really....

And I have too much things I need to do today to where I cant make that kind of commitment.. now on a game like WoW, you can log in and do a daily quest, run an instance, do a battleground, or a few arenas and take a break.. EQ just isnt set up that way.

Mechanically I would consider WoW a harder.. EQ is more of a time sink/commitment, and knowledge is important, but also abundantly available now...
I would actually even argue that the only factor that determines whether or not I enjoy having a player in my group is how AFK they are. On P99 it's really hard to get a full group of people who actually want to play the game for real. I would argue about 50% of any group is inactive at any given time... would love to find people like me who actually want to play the entire time and push limits on what a group can really do when it's filled with hyper-focused individuals who don't need to go AFK after every pull.
Old 05-20-2021, 01:55 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Sowhat was he trying to do? Was he scouting for his guild or trying to actually solo stuff in PoF? It sounds like personal issues aside he was pretty skilled. If he was able to solo in fear, even with occasional trainwreck that's impressive
Old 05-20-2021, 02:13 PM
Planar Protector

Someone give this man a sandwich.
Old 05-20-2021, 03:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abominog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sowhat was he trying to do? Was he scouting for his guild or trying to actually solo stuff in PoF? It sounds like personal issues aside he was pretty skilled. If he was able to solo in fear, even with occasional trainwreck that's impressive
Solo, duo etc. Back when the golems didn't HT we used to farm child's tears for the shaman epic as a duo
Old 05-20-2021, 03:15 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Spell gem refresh item, moderate attention span, win EQ. If you're bumping throw in a snap agro item and you're good to go.
Ielwenu - 56 magician
Deeloofie - 49 monk
Closed Thread