Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2021, 09:26 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yup.. my 78 year old father still talks about that time my character got stuck on a boat for least a week because the computer wouldn't load fast enough, random disconnects, crashing during zone ins etc.
Yeah, I lost a full set of patchwork that really meant a lot to me as a 14 year old newb in OOT swimming and running out of stamina. Decided to just wait for Druids and wizards port since that.
Old 05-20-2021, 09:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrkTheSlayer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, I lost a full set of patchwork that really meant a lot to me as a 14 year old newb in OOT swimming and running out of stamina. Decided to just wait for Druids and wizards port since that.
I ended up in the ocean a few times myself.. I think one time I just randomly fell through the boat, and the other few times I got the bright idea to just start swimming...

Each time I remember being absolutely terrified that a giant shark or sea creature was going to eat me.. which actually did happen in Kunark. Hellacious fucking CR. After hours of swimming, found my corpse only to get eaten again.
Old 05-20-2021, 09:32 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I ended up in the ocean a few times myself.. I think one time I just randomly fell through the boat, and the other few times I got the bright idea to just start swimming...

Each time I remember being absolutely terrified that a giant shark or sea creature was going to eat me.. which actually did happen in Kunark. Hellacious fucking CR. After hours of swimming, found my corpse only to get eaten again.
Oh yeah, I went back for my corpse like two or three times. Was bad time, that’s why I still remember it. Decided to just get some gold out of the bank and buy a new rusty weapon and start over. I was lvl 10 or so so I got another set of gear pretty quick.
Old 05-20-2021, 09:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
There are things about TLP that are more classic than P99 is...

like when I first came to P99 I remembered leveling in outdoor zones 20 years ago.. I rushed to Lake of Ill Omen excited to see if I remembered the lay out of the Sarnak Fort... only to discover I was the only person in the zone.. same thing with OverThere and Dreadlands..

on TLP leveling in outdoor zones is actually the norm since a lot of them have good ZEMs and there is an unlimited amount of mobs for groups to pull.

I also remember raiding every single day/night 20 years ago. I was on Tunare, where there wasn't really a need for raiding guild, and all content was PUG'd, and I loved being able to log in whenever I wanted to and get a raid.

This was one of my complaints about WoW. Having to conform to a raid schedule instead of just logging in and playing at your own pace.. when I came to P99 I quickly realized that because of the UN or whatever, most people cannot just raid every single day or at their own pace. Most people are lucky to get to raid 1-2 days a week, if that.

On TLP this is not the case. You can find a pick up raid all hours of the day and night.

Feels a lot more like the game I remember in that regard.
wasnt talking about a TLP I was talking about another emulated server its more classic than this server..... called TakP

Zekay 60 Torpor Shaman - <Guild>
Old 05-20-2021, 09:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
You couldn’t see what other players in your group looted. The first time I had a “serious” group this person kept saying “MT” after each mob he looted and I asked what that meant and learned it meant “empty” (em tee).

Someone on our server went on a PoH raid and then the next day he was suddenly wearing a bunch of planar gear that he didn’t have the day before and that he hadn’t been awarded during said raid, and it caused a major backlash from the community. It was also learned that he had ninja looted items he couldn’t even equip.

You also used to be able to loot other players’ corpses when they consented you, and bind other players wherever you wanted.

The game stayed this way until Dire Charm came out in PoP.
The beginning is true but the not until pop part is false. You must have bad memory
Old 05-20-2021, 10:08 PM
Aviak

I always mix up pop, loy and ldon but I know god was last and that’s about when I stoped playing eq.
Old 05-20-2021, 10:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrkTheSlayer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I always mix up pop, loy and ldon but I know god was last and that’s about when I stoped playing eq.
same, its when most people did.. eq 2/wow on the horizon
Closed Thread