Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 02-27-2022, 11:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
absolutely, ill delete mine if yall delete all of your loot. still have vulak.
I have zero welfare loot. How much do you have?
Old 02-28-2022, 12:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry you don’t got welfare loot hope this helps
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 02-28-2022, 12:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everything you have is after sleeper woke, sorry you got welfare. Ebt it up
Old 02-28-2022, 12:53 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everything you have is after sleeper woke, sorry you got welfare. Ebt it up
You killed warders with no other guild in sleepers contesting. You post daily about your welfare loot. Hahahahaha
Old 02-28-2022, 12:55 AM
Fire Giant

Sorry you dont have competitive pixels
Old 02-28-2022, 12:59 AM
Planar Protector

double posting cause you mad/bad/ebt
Old 02-28-2022, 06:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Competition was always a big part of classic EQ and p99.
The "competition" on p99 is 100% a contrivance of p99. The VAST majority of live servers did not have guild vs guild competition in the raid scene. I played on 3 different servers on live and had friends across half a dozen others that I regularly kept up with.

Most servers had a single top guild gobbling up most content and occasionally a lesser tier guild killing random stuff they could find up and that was it. Hell a lot of servers had GM mandated rotations. It was incredibly rare to find a server with more than a single guild killing the cutting edge expansions raid mobs. Then eventually EQ put in instances for most raiding and that was that.

EQ was more popular and had more subs in a time when raids were instanced than they did during the era when they weren't. WoW was leaps and bounds more popular than EQ ever dreamed of being and was largely responsible for the downfall in popularity and exodus of a lot of the EQ player base and they had instanced raiding basically from day 1.

Hyper competitive pvevp was not a thing in era.
Old 02-28-2022, 08:06 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The "competition" on p99 is 100% a contrivance of p99. The VAST majority of live servers did not have guild vs guild competition in the raid scene. I played on 3 different servers on live and had friends across half a dozen others that I regularly kept up with.

Most servers had a single top guild gobbling up most content and occasionally a lesser tier guild killing random stuff they could find up and that was it. Hell a lot of servers had GM mandated rotations. It was incredibly rare to find a server with more than a single guild killing the cutting edge expansions raid mobs. Then eventually EQ put in instances for most raiding and that was that.

EQ was more popular and had more subs in a time when raids were instanced than they did during the era when they weren't. WoW was leaps and bounds more popular than EQ ever dreamed of being and was largely responsible for the downfall in popularity and exodus of a lot of the EQ player base and they had instanced raiding basically from day 1.

If we really want to be classic, p99 servers should only be available 5-8pm Monday to Friday and 6am-10pm on Saturday/Sunday to simulate after school hours. Then on random days it should extend to 1am but also randomly close early to simulate staying up late but being caught by mom.
Old 02-28-2022, 10:41 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
double posting cause you mad/bad/ebt
Sorry you still have welfare loot
Old 02-28-2022, 03:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Well yes and no. Many servers actually did have about two top guilds battling with each other. Many servers did not, but it certainly wasn't the vast majority. As CSR in era on multiple servers, there were definitely many servers that had more than one top guild.

The big difference with P99 is that it never progresses past expansion number 2. So the top couple of guilds never move on to the newest expansion raid content, thus never allowing the smaller guilds to have their shot at anything.