Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 02:46 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default P99 Poker Tourney!!! Friday 9/20 8pm central

Hi everyone. I am have recently started playing on p99 and enjoying it immensely. I am a lvl 54 wizard named Ravon and I would like to get to know the community some and have a chance to make some money! Friday 9/20 at 8pm central I'll be hosting a online texas hold-em poker tournament. Starting off I'll see what sort of interest we get and start off small with a 500 platinum buy in. Depending on turn out and how people feel we can pay out a certain number of places or winner take all. So how it'll work is the people in the tourney will hand me their 500 platinum in game then get a spot in the tournament and after the tourney is complete I will pay out the winner(s). So say 9 players are in the tournament then the payout would be 4500pp. Bluffave.com will allow me to set up up to 9 table tournaments with 9 players per table so the more that want to join in the better =). I did this on another mmo i played and it was a lot of fun, it is almost like playing for real money because people work just as hard or harder for the plat they earn as they do the money they make irl. I will be hosting the tournament on www.bluffave.com. It is very easy to set up, all it requires is a username and email address to get set up, no downloads etc. Please use your characters name in game as your first name when setting up your account. After you have your account setup go to www.bluffave.com/p99poker and join the group and your ready to go! If this is something that you would be interested in please feel free to reply to this thread or send Ravon a tell in game. I am around for 12+ hours a day so it should not be hard to get in contact with me. I'm sure I may of left out some information, if anyone has any questions feel free to ask in game or respond to thread. Thanks all.
Last edited by Ravon; 09-17-2013 at 03:15 PM..
Old 09-17-2013, 03:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
So you're really into the community then? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Best way to get to know the P99 community is to play P99, just saying. If someone who had played here a long time was organising this I think it would turn a lot more heads.
Old 09-17-2013, 03:14 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Yeah I assumed not many would trust a newbie to the server. That is why the buy-in is only 500 plat. If people aren't comfortable with that much for first time game I'm cool with lowering it down to like 100 or 300 or something.
Old 09-17-2013, 03:15 PM
Planar Protector

Not just a newbie to the server, but this unknown player is going to hold all the plat? Sounds like a scam in progress.

Sorry Ravon, I don't mean to be overly skeptical, but this community has seen all kinds of things pulled in its time [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-17-2013, 03:18 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I don't even have to be the one that holds the plat. If some respectable well known player wants to play and hold the plat then that's fine with me. Or people can just pay up after the tourney to the winner personally. Whatever people want is fine with me.
Old 09-17-2013, 03:19 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So you're really into the community then? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Best way to get to know the P99 community is to play P99, just saying. If someone who had played here a long time was organising this I think it would turn a lot more heads.

Oh for crying out loud, give the guy a break. Is he anymore less of a community member than someone who plays all day and is in a top guild? The answer is no, every player is a valuable asset to keeping P99 going. People play here because of many reasons and not just to be a FORUM CAMPER, people do have lives you know. Some play for few hours a week, you can be a casual gamer and still be part of the community.

OP seems like a fun idea. Everyone around these forums is really anal so don't mind them, if you play the game rather than camping the forums or (playing the forums) then you have my respect. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-17-2013, 03:27 PM
Planar Protector

lol'd @ Buma

Yep, every player counts... but turning up on the forums with more interest in poker than playing EQ? On a relatively unknown poker site? Seems scammy, or plugging his best mate's new poker site. No thought given to keyloggers or anything like that?

I work 40-48 hours a week thanks. Not in a top guild, don't play all day.

Cut me a break Buma, I'm begging you. I want to be part of the community too [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-17-2013, 03:36 PM
Planar Protector

This will probably raise some RMT concerns.
Some other toons
Formerly of TZ
Old 09-17-2013, 03:51 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol'd @ Buma

Yep, every player counts... but turning up on the forums with more interest in poker than playing EQ? On a relatively unknown poker site? Seems scammy, or plugging his best mate's new poker site. No thought given to keyloggers or anything like that?

I work 40-48 hours a week thanks. Not in a top guild, don't play all day.

Cut me a break Buma, I'm begging you. I want to be part of the community too [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am just saying, besides where did it say he had more interest in poker than playing EQ? All I read was he recently started playing here but has a 50+ wizard. I am not a poker player so I am not for this but it seems a good idea. If people are unsure how the internet works in this day and age then they need not use it. That means if you click a link you are unsure of or download and install things suspicious to you then you deserve what's coming to you. Also everyone should have Kaspersky Internet Security 2013, highly recommend it. It's just kinda lame a community of old school players can be so mean to others less fortunate, whether it be on the forums or actually in game. I wasn't pointing you out necessarily, just a bit of constructive criticism for some folks to think about.
Old 09-17-2013, 04:04 PM
Sarnak

Good lord.. the guy wants to have a little community event for a measly 500 plat buyin and immediately his thread is riddled with RMT and scamming accusations

Some of you are paranoid beyond help
Closed Thread