Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2019, 09:25 AM
Kobold

Not every class is gear dependent
Old 04-26-2019, 09:50 AM
Planar Protector

I might roll a wizard. Laugh at rogues with their tarnished spears.
Old 04-26-2019, 10:27 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jauna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
its not fun as you might think you do is, but it aint
classic Jaunaian. fresh, inervative, linguistic adaptation.

keep poasting, pal.
Old 04-26-2019, 10:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jauna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Take the current spergitude of the current playerbase.
Pond and GY fighting over canyon mobs and then a super twink warrior moves into canyon causing even more fights
people forgetting on how small solb really is
highkeep goblin waitlists
a 6 man group at every south karana spire, and every treant
i dont even wanna think about crushbone and blackburrow
40+ people in CoM and no raids going on
people spamming "book not up" when casually raiding hate and the book is actually not up
people
leapfrog
You think there are going to be people in runnyeye WILLINGLY?!

While I might be the only Doomposter about this so far.. whew its ganna be a total shitshow.

Regards, an old bertox player
so you're saying it's gonna be classic? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-26-2019, 11:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daloon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lines for epics.. discontinued items.. VP key, just to merge back with Blue in 2 years? Sounds like a headache but we need more information first.
I had thoughts about that awhile ago. Having already done that stuff either on Live or on P1999 already, I think it's best to skip such things on P99-redo. Get by with ordinary, easily-available equipment, skip the long camps, and simply enjoy the game for its own sake. Even the probable overcrowding will present a new sort of challenge. We didn't have that when P99 originally opened.

Danth
Old 04-26-2019, 12:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
"fresh" people to p99 might head to green
but once people spend time away from their pixels and realize how slow new vanilla really is or how clogged the exp highway is going to be they will come back
then the hardcore of the hardcore will stay on green and blahblahblah

go make a new alt right now with zero twinking, no dap, no drop transfering a couple of gems or even a suit of banded armor. its not fun as you might think you do is, but it aint
It's actually pretty fun. I mean, I did the whole trip from 1 to 50 that way on a rogue. I walked everywhere, took boats, saw the sights. Some grouping with twink groups, since there isn't sufficient population inside ALS at low levels to continually form up guild groups, but also plenty of all guild raids on Najena, Befallen, Permafrost. Half my 40's was basically guild groups crawling Kedge.

No Iksar Berserker Club or Blackened Alloy does shift things from the current ALS leveling meta, but not by enormous amounts. The racial blacksmithing also comes in later, right? That's a moderately big change too. Overall though, I'm pretty sure I'll feel at home starting out on green.
Old 04-26-2019, 02:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Take the current spergitude of the current playerbase.
Pond and GY fighting over canyon mobs and then a super twink warrior moves into canyon causing even more fights
people forgetting on how small solb really is
highkeep goblin waitlists
a 6 man group at every south karana spire, and every treant
i dont even wanna think about crushbone and blackburrow
40+ people in CoM and no raids going on
people spamming "book not up" when casually raiding hate and the book is actually not up
people
leapfrog
You think there are going to be people in runnyeye WILLINGLY?!

While I might be the only Doomposter about this so far.. whew its ganna be a total shitshow.

Regards, an old bertox player
mad and/or bad at everquest
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 04-26-2019, 02:43 PM
Planar Protector

Imagine earthquakes happening simultaneously on both servers.
Old 04-26-2019, 03:50 PM
Orc

How long until we can figure out how to train permafrost indefinitely for fte footrace pulls on Vox?

Or will it be a COTH piggy back into her lair every time a guild starts to clear ice giants?
Old 04-26-2019, 04:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutterbrain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How long until we can figure out how to train permafrost indefinitely for fte footrace pulls on Vox?

Or will it be a COTH piggy back into her lair every time a guild starts to clear ice giants?
no coth until kunark.

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Closed Thread