Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2021, 01:28 AM
Aviak

I have soloed my paladin over the years and I'm now 55. I had nothing to start with when I began. No access to a fungi or Reaver (still dont have ether). Don't let anyone tell you you cant or you should just group. It can and has been done just not as fast as other classes. Don't worry about undead. Wasting your whole mana bar casting undead nukes to kill one mod is silly. There plenty of places you can solo at but there going to tricky. My advice is to look through other classes solo guides. I found a few good spots I never would have tried.
Old 04-10-2021, 12:02 PM
Planar Protector

Yea undead is a fools journey, imho. They tend to be casters and deeper into places where a crit lull fail means a harrowing run to the zone.

I prefer guards. Splitting 2-3 spawns if not solo statics. Kill stuff that drops FS and get a Reaver then a Narandi at 55. Kill speed is the paladins worst foe and those really help.

A 150 CHA pally can pull efficiently in all but the worst spots. That’s a jester crown and crude stein plus a few small pieces. With a sham or ench cha buff you are golden. Pulling kael bank or lower pits in velks just assume things will likely go wrong. At least they are all on the paladin instead of the cleric or enchanter. I’d still go Stamina if I could do it again, the last 100 hps are often a pain to get and nobody asks what tank’s unbuffed Charisma is...ever.
Old 04-19-2021, 12:46 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I am in the same boat, and so figure here is a good place to ask.. Where are some good places to solo for a 37 Paladin, that might have some grouping chance too?

I am trying to get rolling again on p99 blue, I have a 37(maybe 38...) Pal w/ some decent gear, FBSS, but not fungi. I was last soloing dirvishes outside ToFS but that was boring and far from.. everyone felt like. I hitched a ride back to Antonica thinking I'd scope out guk to see if I could solo anything worthwhile there and maybe have grouping chances.

I see the suggestion about sola gnomes, if I could find solo pulls I suppose that could work, I'e never xp'd on the gnomes but I've spent a lot of time there on all my other characters. It is also close to solb perhaps for grouping potential.

I see the crystal caverns suggestion, and that sounds solid, but I'm loathe to go back to what seems like empty velious for having just left.

Any other suggestions?
Last edited by Burn24; 04-19-2021 at 12:50 PM..
Old 04-19-2021, 01:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burn24 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am in the same boat, and so figure here is a good place to ask.. Where are some good places to solo for a 37 Paladin, that might have some grouping chance too?

I am trying to get rolling again on p99 blue, I have a 37(maybe 38...) Pal w/ some decent gear, FBSS, but not fungi. I was last soloing dirvishes outside ToFS but that was boring and far from.. everyone felt like. I hitched a ride back to Antonica thinking I'd scope out guk to see if I could solo anything worthwhile there and maybe have grouping chances.

I see the suggestion about sola gnomes, if I could find solo pulls I suppose that could work, I'e never xp'd on the gnomes but I've spent a lot of time there on all my other characters. It is also close to solb perhaps for grouping potential.

I see the crystal caverns suggestion, and that sounds solid, but I'm loathe to go back to what seems like empty velious for having just left.

Any other suggestions?
Bind in HK. Move a low level over who wont be kos (halfling lvl 1 if you can get past the orcs in Highpass). Will be nice to consent that char to drag yourself.

Kill guards on floor 3 and 4. Good exp even when they start to green, 5-10p a kill and you can sell on floor 1. From 37 to 45 when that starts to tire out you will have thousands of plat.
Old 04-19-2021, 01:49 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bind in HK. Move a low level over who wont be kos (halfling lvl 1 if you can get past the orcs in Highpass). Will be nice to consent that char to drag yourself.

Kill guards on floor 3 and 4. Good exp even when they start to green, 5-10p a kill and you can sell on floor 1. From 37 to 45 when that starts to tire out you will have thousands of plat.
Note that this will kill your faction with the paladins in Fp. I wouldn't recommend it. But if you don't care about faction go ahead. I would tell you to go to BB and kill crazy goblins neer Kaladin till 41. Then head to Ogguk and kill guards till your 52. If you can stand it that is.
Old 04-19-2021, 03:09 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Hmm, I don't think I want to risk my FP Pal faction hits, especially since theoretically the epic is attainable. What are 'crazy goblins' ? I have never heard of them, and don't see them on the wiki. Do they exist on p99?
Old 04-20-2021, 12:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweeper41 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Note that this will kill your faction with the paladins in Fp. I wouldn't recommend it. But if you don't care about faction go ahead. I would tell you to go to BB and kill crazy goblins neer Kaladin till 41. Then head to Ogguk and kill guards till your 52. If you can stand it that is.
Nope it won’t. Don’t kill Mistress Anna or Isabella Cellus and no knights of truth or priests of marr. Don’t kill bards either if you don’t want to fix that in Mistmoore. This will likely take you to dubious with some vendors (hard to track, I’ve killed them both so much) so no vendoring in north besides the bard guilds and pally/cleric ones.

I killed Isabella and Mistress Anna and was kos to everything. Each lucan tag is like 1k faction (cleric and pally) so that’s pretty easy to repair. I think I finished off bringing mine back with some helm turnins. I have the Fiery Defender and this was the easiest part of a fairly easy quest.

http://wiki.project1999.com/A_noble

http://wiki.project1999.com/Guard_Chopin

Just examples of the faction hits you get.
Last edited by Snaggles; 04-20-2021 at 12:12 AM..
Closed Thread