Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2021, 09:50 PM
Banned

Default The only things I think TLP does better than P99.

*In terms of being classic*

The ZEM is normalized. It feels good to level wherever you want to, and not feel like you are severely gimping yourself by not leveling in the same 3 zones over and over again.

It's also nice that you get significantly more experience by having more group members in your party. There was several times when I played on P99 where people in my group refused to invite other players because they reasoned that our group would get more experience with 4 players instead of 5 or 6.

I'm not knocking P99 either. I still think it's a better experience and I've actually recommended it to several people on TLP who just came back for the first time in 20 years and are disappointed with the fact that the game feels more like EverQuest 2 than Classic EverQuest.
Old 05-06-2021, 09:50 PM
Banned

fuck yeah station cash
Old 05-06-2021, 09:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snortles Chortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
fuck yeah station cash
i loaded up $200 in daybreak cash for when mischief drops

going to get a ton of bags for all my toons

i want a gnome cleric for raiding, a gnome magician for farming plat, and a gnome rogue for tanking (post-kunark, which is only like a month after launch)

leveling in tlp is easy, so that statement doesnt really make me feel over-whelmed.

i think cleric and magician will both be level 50 in like the first 10 days.
Old 05-06-2021, 09:54 PM
Banned

gnome rogue for twinking*

fucking iphone
Old 05-06-2021, 10:07 PM
Banned

Gnome simulator.
Old 05-06-2021, 10:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gnome simulator.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

im leveling a wood elf rogue atm... because this char is going to be very temporary.. i just want to hit level 20 and solo the sarnak fort some for true nostalgia

once mischief opens i prob will never play on this server again
crazy shit, a random guild leader tracked me down in GFAY to see if I was a twink or if i was someone who planned on being a rogue main and offered to PL me since his guild cant get anyone who wants to main rogue since they kind of arent that fun outside of raids

i typed /quit because i didnt want to explain my life to him, and i know im not staying on aradune

if it was a few months ago i might consider it, but its in PoP now and I think the next expac is right around the corner... like I want to experience a proper launch of classic, kunark, velious, luclin etc.

I even missed that on P99 and am super excited to be part of the launch
Old 05-06-2021, 10:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

im leveling a wood elf rogue atm... because this char is going to be very temporary.. i just want to hit level 20 and solo the sarnak fort some for true nostalgia

crazy shit, a random guild leader tracked me down in GFAY to see if I was a twink or if i was someone who planned on being a rogue main and offered to PL me since his guild cant get anyone who wants to main rogue since they kind of arent that fun outside of raids

i typed /quit because i didnt want to explain my life to him, and i know im not staying on aradune

if it was a few months ago i might consider it, but its in PoP now and I think the next expac is right around the corner... like I want to experience a proper launch of classic, kunark, velious, luclin etc.

U'd have a lot more fun on takp. Whatever tho.

Vanilla is eq at its best.

GoD is EQ at its peak. Mechanically.

Everything else between and after is just storyline and art.
Old 05-06-2021, 10:36 PM
Banned

i dont enjoy boxing fam, trust me, this is not just an eq thing, i dont like boxing my priest/warrior on wow classic either

and idk... i kind of like that TLP is so drastically different than P99.. like exploring all of the re-mastered zones is exciting and makes me feel like im playing the true EQ 2... instead of the gay EQ2 they released back in the day that fucking sucked lol

and i really highly doubt that i would have as much fun playing TAKP as I would Mischief Launch... the insane hype, the massive population, the random loot, getting to experience all content fresh with other players...

like if mischief was 2 years old, prob way less hype from me, but its going to be BRAND new
Old 05-06-2021, 11:59 PM
Banned

please stay on tlp
Old 05-07-2021, 10:45 AM
Server GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

mega yikes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread