Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2021, 12:09 PM
Planar Protector

geez.

Weren't most of these opinions on classes formed in era. You are on TLP, the Lay-Z-Boy of EQ.
Old 06-08-2021, 12:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
geez.

Weren't most of these opinions on classes formed in era. You are on TLP, the Lay-Z-Boy of EQ.
TLP is more laborious.

Level 50 CLERIC on P99 Green... fully buff entire group, have 75% of my mana. Level 50 Cleric on TLP... buff 2 players, completely OOM. Having to constantly buff/rebuff in between heals to play at maximum efficiency...

Not to mention Enchanters on TLP have been massively needed compared to P99...
Old 06-08-2021, 12:48 PM
Planar Protector

You have mastered the class at level 27, surely there is nothing beyond this at level 60!!! Congratulations on beating EQ, you can log off the forums now and claim victory.
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 06-08-2021, 12:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have mastered the class at level 27, surely there is nothing beyond this at level 60!!! Congratulations on beating EQ, you can log off the forums now and claim victory.
For real tho literally everyone is baffled that I just started playing this toon yesterday

Everyone I group with automatically assumes I’m an enchanter main who has clearly been playing this class for years because of how gangster I am and how insanely good I am
Old 06-08-2021, 12:58 PM
Planar Protector

90% of EQ is turning on auto attack - I dont think anyone has ever claimed this is a difficult game. It can be frustrating at times, and I will admit there are things ive seen people do that are 'impressive', but this isnt Battle Toads bro
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 06-08-2021, 01:08 PM
Fire Giant

I agree with OP. Enchanters are nuts. Before hole became good my friend and I used to go there 50+ as war/clr. We'd pick up every solo'ing enchanter we could find and make groups. War, Clr, Enc, Enc, Enc, Enc is the best exp group I've ever been in.
Old 06-08-2021, 01:10 PM
Planar Protector

thats live and dont you get mana regen faster on live? ofc enchanter is easier there.

but yes at 24 you can solo najina as one where as my ranger on live is struggling at 24 to solo kerrans lol
Old 06-08-2021, 01:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Level 50 CLERIC on P99 Green... fully buff entire group, have 75% of my mana.
Casting Resolution is not "fully" buffing an entire group. That one's cheap at 110 mana though. Shield of Words is 300 and Symbol of Naltron, 315. The latter also requires those peridots you said you don't use on people in your other recent thread. Add in more mana for resist buffs.

I don't know what you're casting on "TLP." I haven't used the retail game in more than 15 years. Probably casting something that gives you less ability to customize what you're giving people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
90% of EQ is turning on auto attack - I dont think anyone has ever claimed this is a difficult game. It can be frustrating at times, and I will admit there are things ive seen people do that are 'impressive', but this isnt Battle Toads bro
EQ's difficulty is what the player makes of it; game can be hard or easy, as desired. It's all out of whack though in that a rank-and-file raider can have very easy gameplay while collecting the best stuff in the game.

Danth
Old 06-08-2021, 01:36 PM
Banned

It get's much more difficult in higher end zones Joe. And much more expensive.

To solo places like Chardok, Sebilis, Howling Stones, or any of the Velious high-tier stuff you will need rune up constantly for charm breaks. It adds up to a ton of peridots.

That aside - if you utilize the pbae stun and instant click mechanic to recharm without having to use mez it truly is easy mode. But there's always the chance of a fuck up and when you torch and haste your pet - it will destroy you.

Unless you get a lucky root or mez off in time. Or the 2nd pbae stun in time. Whichever. Resists may be rare but they do happen regardless of tash. I'd say group play is where the difficulty comes into play high end.

Trying to lock down 4-5 mobs while maintaining your charmed pet and keeping haste on melee's and clarity on the casters does require a level of focus.

But no, it isn't really super difficult. But it is more focus intensive than playing a cleric, period.
Old 06-08-2021, 01:39 PM
Planar Protector

I played a cleric and couldnt solo in crushbone.

Therefore this class is harder than enchanter.
Closed Thread