Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 07-27-2022, 10:23 AM
Kobold

Default Cleric friends, teach me how to paci/atone

Hello! Level 55 cleric here. I have been gradually learning how to use paci/atone now that I am grouping more. I decided to test it out with my goal being to paci/atone my way through the entrance of The Hole. I have no issues with paci, I got lucky with my 128 cha and managed to paci all but 1 of the entrance mobs. I figured this was perfect to try to atone. Nope. Train. Did this 5 or 6 times and then logged to an alt.
My method that didn't work:
Root -> atone (clickie staff) -> paci
Always got attacked, always drew agro from the neighboring mobs that should've been paci'd. What am I doing wrong?
Old 07-27-2022, 03:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotGraveyard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello! Level 55 cleric here. I have been gradually learning how to use paci/atone now that I am grouping more. I decided to test it out with my goal being to paci/atone my way through the entrance of The Hole. I have no issues with paci, I got lucky with my 128 cha and managed to paci all but 1 of the entrance mobs. I figured this was perfect to try to atone. Nope. Train. Did this 5 or 6 times and then logged to an alt.
My method that didn't work:
Root -> atone (clickie staff) -> paci
Always got attacked, always drew agro from the neighboring mobs that should've been paci'd. What am I doing wrong?
You have to paci before the atone or it will re-aggro after you blur it. Give the paci'd mobs some space; if you get too close they will still aggro.

It's random whether atone blurs the mobs, so you have to check whether it worked. If a rooted mob is blurred it shouldn't keep looking at you as you walk around it. Blurred mobs regen at 5% hp per tick. If they don't see through invis/ivu, the appropriate invis/ivu will take you back to indifferent if the blur worked.
Old 07-27-2022, 08:20 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivitron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have to paci before the atone or it will re-aggro after you blur it. Give the paci'd mobs some space; if you get too close they will still aggro.

It's random whether atone blurs the mobs, so you have to check whether it worked. If a rooted mob is blurred it shouldn't keep looking at you as you walk around it. Blurred mobs regen at 5% hp per tick. If they don't see through invis/ivu, the appropriate invis/ivu will take you back to indifferent if the blur worked.
Okay, so the order of operations is….
Failed Paci, here comes dat boi, root, paci, atone until it sticks (move around or invis)
That seem right?
Old 07-27-2022, 10:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotGraveyard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Okay, so the order of operations is….
Failed Paci, here comes dat boi, root, paci, atone until it sticks (move around or invis)
That seem right?
Exactly.