Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 08-18-2022, 01:12 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Great value warrior items?

As I work through gearing up my warrior, I notice that there are some items that are a really impressive value. Most likely they drop on a regular basis so there's always a good supply.

What are some great deals for a warrior as far as gear goes? Just any items where the cost is low compared to how well it performs. My current budget is around 100p per slot but that will expand as I level I'm sure. I just got my second 5ac/55hp ring which were a priority for me.
Old 08-18-2022, 03:09 AM
Fire Giant

a few on top of my mind

crystal chitin gauntlets
grotesque alloy mask
cloak of the ice bear
Iksar Hide Cap
Tar goo strands
Last edited by wagorf; 08-18-2022 at 03:33 AM..
Old 08-18-2022, 05:58 AM
Planar Protector

Muffins and bandages.

Silver chitin hand wraps more than your budget for one slot, but honestly you can borrow from all the other slot budgets for this. Haste will help you keep aggro in groups or kill faster solo.

That brings us to banded. I’m sure you know of banded armour. Amazing ac for the price. 100pp for a full suit!

Sarnak Battlehammer. Very cheap. 3/4 ratio. Good once you’re high enough level and damage caps are relieved a bit.

Orc fang earrings.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 08-18-2022, 06:38 AM
Kobold

In before someone tells you trucheon of doom, blood points and fungi. The very best are drunk fighters with raw hands, bad mouth hygiene.
Old 08-18-2022, 10:57 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah get Silver Chitin Hand Wraps first and leave some slots empty if necessary. That will help you out more than a bit of banded armor or whatever else.

Also be sure to get at least one decent weapon set.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Green_Jade_Broadsword and https://wiki.project1999.com/Fist_of_Zek would be a pretty good (and cheap) combo.

Not sure if you are on Green or Blue though. These items are more expensive on Green.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-18-2022 at 10:59 AM..
Old 08-18-2022, 11:29 AM
Planar Protector

I have a Jarsath Trident (11/22) and Shimmering Partisan (17/39) for sale on green if you are after 1 handers. 10pp for the pair. Let me know if you are interested [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 08-18-2022, 12:46 PM
Planar Protector

schw & staff of battle.
Old 08-18-2022, 04:25 PM
Fire Giant

Second the staff of battle. Staff of battle + Silver chitin handwraps and you'll tear through mobs. I was scoring 275 crippling blows at level 24 with a staff of battle.

IMO, 2handers are the way to go for warriors. The aggro weapons rely on procs to generate aggro, but pure melee damage is good for aggro generation, too. Just taunt if the mob is not on you.

2hander also works MUCH better for solo over 2-1handers.
Old 08-18-2022, 05:06 PM
Fire Giant

I agree with the Staff of Battle and SCHW recommendations. Your agro will probably be frustratingly mediocre for most of your leveling career - ask folks to root and don't sweat it too much!

Also, Orc Fang Earrings aren't quite within budget but they're a pretty good get for the price.
Old 08-19-2022, 01:01 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Thanks for all the suggestions

Currently running Jarsath Trident / Sarnak Parrying Blade for weapons

The Jarsath Trident was gifted, the Sarnak Parrying Blade I bought because I thought it was a good deal at 50pp. Then I turned around and sold my Green Jade Broadsword for 50pp and got my money back =P

If Jimjam is still around with the Shimmering Partisan I would definitely lighten his load for 10pp so he can get back to town.... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Staff of Battle is definitely looking like a great deal. Fist of Zek looks awesome for the stats and ratio but I'm not sure if I should spend 300pp on a weapon before dealing with a bunch of slots that are AC only.

Currently wearing mostly Blackened Alloy armor with a few banded slots mixed in and a couple of gifted slots (Charred Boots, Iskar Scale Gloves, Split Paw Hide Mask found on vendor) and a Tattered Mantle I bought to have magical slams at a fair price.

As for the SCHW, agreed they are amazing and a good value. I just don't know if it's worth the time it will take to save up the required 1500pp. In that time I'll make 10 levels or more with no upgrades which ensures better cash flow to buy the SCHW. It's not that it's a bad deal, it's just that I'm cash starved and 10 upgrades at 150pp each give me incremental increases to my agro and survivability where as one great upgrade forces me to endure a lot of levels with the same gear.