Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 04:26 PM
Planar Protector

Default Tunare Warden-Warden Symbol of Tunare

Hello,

Currently this quest cannot be finished so this item is unobtainable. The quest has been like this since the first day I started playing in Dec so I assume its been busted since launch. The initial issue was that none of the lesserfaydark night spawns were popping correctly ( Rancorous Ghasts, Larik Z'Vole etc) and thus no one could get the first necklace. The ghasts were given two static spawn points to help with the bugged night only spawns but it does not allow others to further the quest past that step since Larik was never added.

Also I do not believe the pouch of red dust from sol a nor the caustic substances from werebats are dropping either. Basically this quest needs to be looked at as to how to implement it to the emulator as it is a very classic quest and produces a necklace that is extremely useful for clerics and druids who worship tunare. In some respects it is one of the only perks before Growth plane for making a Tunare worshiping healer.

Tunare Warden Quest link
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/q...tml?quest=1254

Tunare Disciple Quest link
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/q...tml?quest=1253

Tunare initiate is currently able to be completed since the ghasts do pop at two static spots, so maybe Larik could just become a static non-depending on night/day pop where he should be.

Thank you for your time,

Erati
Last edited by Erati; 04-25-2010 at 07:56 PM..
Old 04-25-2010, 07:04 PM
Kobold

I've been camping this guy for nearly 8 hours. Does he not actually spawn? Everything I've read on the various quest sites say that he is a fairly rare spawn with some people camping for days before finding him. Are we sure that he does not spawn at all on the P99 server?
Old 04-25-2010, 07:55 PM
Planar Protector

yep Larik the necro does not exist currently, only the ghasts do.

The quest needs a good ol overhaul.
Old 04-25-2010, 09:10 PM
Kobold

joy....
Old 04-25-2010, 10:47 PM
Fire Giant

Same here. This was the first "major" quest (i.e. different parts, lots of travel, etc.) that I ever did in EQ.

I'm really looking forward to it being on this server. Is there anything we can do to help? Gather info, etc.?

These are the 3 quests in the series, in order...
Tunare Initiate
Tunare Disciple
Tunare Warden
Last edited by Malrubius; 04-25-2010 at 10:50 PM..
Old 04-26-2010, 11:29 AM
Planar Protector

The only way we get this quest fixed is if more of the community constantly bumps this, so tell your Tunare friends.....head to the forums and let your voices be heard haha

Erati
Old 04-26-2010, 11:47 PM
Sarnak

I camped the ghast hearts over the past couple nights and managed to get 4 from the static spawn, but clearing the obelisk to spawn the necromancer doesn't seem to be working at all.

I'd definitely like to finish this chain, it's one of the reasons I chose elf for my druid.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:30 AM
Kobold

I've been checking at random times, and have spent several more hours trying to camp this guy. I could not find anyone who has seen him spawn, nor could I find anyone who has been able to complete the Disciple part of the quest. The ghast spawns seem a bit sporadic but from what I have read on various live discussion boards about the quest, this is actually a normal thing.

I would like to see this quest fixed. As a cleric approaching 30, I was looking to this quest to provide some much needed wis as I currently have nothing beyond a set of banded armor for stats.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:28 AM
Planar Protector

Yep its a bummer so far, but this is how its gonna be looked at. Tell your wisdom friends, have them tell their elders, if you want a necklace that will be used for most your leveling come here to post a reply.

Erati
Old 05-01-2010, 06:40 PM
Planar Protector

another patch passes us by and the quest remains broken, so just bumping. Every Tunare druid and cleric on the server would complete this quest if they could, so hopefully one day they'll be able to do it.
Closed Thread