Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2017, 11:12 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uuruk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Congratulations Sirken for 887 posts in this thread. I feel like I can live the GoT world vicariously through you. Looking forward to the new season.
thanks! be sure to send my prize to the P99 office building c/o Sirken

Sooo, just read the other day that Season 8 is going to be delayed, and possibly until 2019. We might get Book 6 before Season 8, but I feel like Season 7 would cover anything that could be in Book 6. But apparently David & Dan said they don't wan their names associated with the GoT spin-offs in any way, and they haven't started writing Season 8. But hell, 1 month & 3 days until Season 7, so that's a thing.

Sidebar: I've been enjoying the Preston & RedTeam podcasts, even if it is like listening to Preston explain things to someone that knows nothing. Also, Preston sounds like a certain staff member, so i get extra laughs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Old 06-13-2017, 05:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But apparently David & Dan said they don't wan their names associated with the GoT spin-offs in any way, and they haven't started writing Season 8. But hell, 1 month & 3 days until Season 7, so that's a thing.
Probably a precaution more than a commentary on the spin-offs themselves.

Lets remember D&D are brand new people to this business as far as show-runners go. They did this alone without any help. That is landmark and has relatively few precedents. They are too new to be throwing their name around on consulting jobs and having them even be a smidgen toward substandard.

Leave that to the veterans Terrance Winter and Martin Scorsese.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 06-14-2017, 10:59 PM
Fire Giant

No great lines like "you need a bad pussy" in the spinoffs. Dang.
Old 06-15-2017, 12:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AenorVZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No great lines like "you need a bad pussy" in the spinoffs. Dang.
Never thought about it like that but you're right lol

Old 06-15-2017, 12:42 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
thanks! be sure to send my prize to the P99 office building c/o Sirken
Rogean Technologies coming up fast yall

got an office now

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollin5k View Post
Here is the secret to success in EverQuest

Lower your expectations and increase your play time
Old 06-17-2017, 04:51 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Never thought about it like that but you're right lol
yea, thats one thing i noticed after season 4, all the writing took a pretty serious hit. also, everything from that point is presented pretty straight forward, theres really nothing that you have to stop and think about because they will just reveal next week. one of the better parts about GoT is that sometimes things happen right in front of your face and you're still not 100% sure who is behind it. Baelish and Varys haven't been clever for nearly 3 years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angushjalmur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rogean Technologies coming up fast yall
got an office now
p99 office is old news, and off topic, try to keep up [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:

Old 06-17-2017, 07:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
yea, thats one thing i noticed after season 4, all the writing took a pretty serious hit. also, everything from that point is presented pretty straight forward, theres really nothing that you have to stop and think about because they will just reveal next week. one of the better parts about GoT is that sometimes things happen right in front of your face and you're still not 100% sure who is behind it. Baelish and Varys haven't been clever for nearly 3 years.
After reading this post I just realized I already have the rose-colored glasses on.

I totally forgot about last season and the season prior. It all came rushing back. BOOM!! Arya storyline!! BOOM!! Sand Snakes + Dorn treatment!!! BOOM!! Littlefinger is a bungling bitch! BOOM!! Not making use of Varys while focusing on Iron Islands character development, that.....surprise nobody cares about and has yet to form any attachment to going into the next season! BOOM!!

I'm getting old and selective memory is kicking in.

Old 06-24-2017, 04:07 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
After reading this post I just realized I already have the rose-colored glasses on.

I totally forgot about last season and the season prior. It all came rushing back. BOOM!! Arya storyline!! BOOM!! Sand Snakes + Dorn treatment!!! BOOM!! Littlefinger is a bungling bitch! BOOM!! Not making use of Varys while focusing on Iron Islands character development, that.....surprise nobody cares about and has yet to form any attachment to going into the next season! BOOM!!

I'm getting old and selective memory is kicking in.
Sorry guys, we don't have time for Victarion or the Dornish master plan, but don't worry, instead you are getting a Greyworm/Missandei romance! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 06-24-2017, 04:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Sorry guys, we don't have time for Victarion or the Dornish master plan, but don't worry, instead you are getting a Greyworm/Missandei romance! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I haven't read the books and my bullshit-o-meter broke the glass with this romance.

Was as bad as the Josie Packard Sawmill plot line from Twin Peaks Season 2.

However, I like the Arya storyline because I personally relate to it as a halfling (she is small like a halfling) intent on revenge of a powerful figure who has killed someone she loved.

That's right Llandris.

I'm coming for you. (in-game duel)

Hope this message finds you all well and happy at p99 offices
Old 06-24-2017, 05:15 PM
Planar Protector

The great thing about selective memory is it goes both ways.

I have almost no recollection of Greyworm or Missandei scenes aside from the expressions on their face. Feels good to know my jammer is working at full capacity.

Arya isn't terrible its just the pissing away of episodes on her scenes that barely get explored. Screentime for shallow scenes is where you get this negative association with the Arya storyline, especially as it drew towards the climax. You could feel it chewing into everything else they could have done with the other storylines.

Arya threads during the airing of the show read two ways A) Where you think this is going B) Where it actually went

from the way they used that theater group of carnies, to the departure from the faceless ones people were looking for a little more depth

Last edited by AzzarTheGod; 06-24-2017 at 05:25 PM..
Closed Thread