Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2017, 02:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everyone is different. Some people value potential statistical advantages over everything else in a game, even if it's a minimal/irrelevant boost. People with this mentality will pick Iksar for their necromancer.
The problem is that Iksar regen feels like a non-issue at low levels, then is a big deal at 55+. As long as you understand this, then no big deal.

Edit to Add: Also, Iksar RP is on point. If you're going to be evil, why not be the evilest?
Last edited by Crawdad; 09-29-2017 at 02:25 PM..
Old 09-29-2017, 02:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
even if it's a minimal/irrelevant boost.

https://media.tenor.com/images/f836a...a513/tenor.gif
Old 09-29-2017, 02:36 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ive been looking and i cant find the stat 'iksar'? Is it just a creation stat?
You can find the iksar stat under the "I want the game to be even easier but don't want to pay a WoW sub fee" tab
Old 09-29-2017, 03:09 PM
Sarnak

human necro is awesome, play iksar to min/max if you like, but just as fun and hella more rare to play human.
Old 09-29-2017, 04:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Then when you're close to 60 you can regret wasting all that time on a character who's gimped compared to iksar. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wrong
Old 09-29-2017, 05:59 PM
Planar Protector

One major point in the favor of non-iksar necromancer http://wiki.project1999.com/Golden_Efreeti_Chestplate
Old 09-29-2017, 06:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're going to be a skeleton 90% of the time, race really doesn't matter outside of perks
This is really the only valid comment...
Old 09-29-2017, 06:39 PM
Banned

You're obviously not a minmaxer, and you don't plan on raiding.

Int all the way.
Last edited by Rivera; 09-29-2017 at 06:41 PM.. Reason: first response was gay
Old 09-29-2017, 06:42 PM
Planar Protector

Going human for a necro is already nearly beating the game. Humans are the coolest necros.

I would try to get him a full golden efreeti armor outfit and some staff or hammer, and run around anon and roleplay a cleric of Ro or some shit.
Old 09-29-2017, 08:09 PM
Kobold

I've done a bit of research regarding human necromancers on both live EQ and p99 and there isn't much info on them.

It's a given that Iksar is THE min/max race for necro (as a side note I often wondered what the consensus would be for the min/max race/class combo for all other classes) but outside of a few Erudite necro comments, and old Dark Elf necro info. there isn't much to go on for non Iksar necros. Sesserdrix's guide is very good though and may be what you are looking for. Just type in p99 necro on google and it will come up.

My own limited experience with the necro on p99 at the low to mid 30's level is that they are an overpowered class for level appropriate encounters and so the human necro might be a worthwhile handicap. I've seen more human necros online recently and so maybe some folks are looking for that extra challenge as well.

I think an untwinked dark elf warrior would be more challenging though and I may roll one soon.
Closed Thread