Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2018, 01:57 AM
Aviak

I guess it's good that names are "thematically consistent with the high-fantasy environment of EverQuest" while we're having conversations about the Super Bowl and McDonalds in guild chat.
Old 02-11-2018, 02:11 AM
Planar Protector

Alright, real talk time. Nuking names and laughing at them is great and all, but are we going to get a public list of before and afters?

Y’all just gave a ton of shithead motherfuckers a clean slate in one of the only MMOs where reputation actually matters
Old 02-11-2018, 02:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canelek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAA! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] You know it is working when you get the tried and true 'fuck you'. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
just burytoe.

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Old 02-11-2018, 02:38 AM
Orc

Not that I had any names that broke the rules, i logged in to check a character just in case and popped in next to a 'Jakefrom Statefarm' chuckled like that wasnt caught? I dont think the insurance company has set up in Norrath yet...
Old 02-11-2018, 02:54 AM
Fire Giant

My rogue is Murderz Gnomes, in my defense I petitioned myself about a year ago. The GM responded with "Your name is fine, sorry. Enjoy the slaughter.
Old 02-11-2018, 03:04 AM
Sarnak

Wait, so I can't roleplay as a half elf druid roleplaying in a roleplaying game as a character that identifies as being a kitten who says meow?
Old 02-11-2018, 03:14 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haloren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not that I had any names that broke the rules, i logged in to check a character just in case and popped in next to a 'Jakefrom Statefarm' chuckled like that wasnt caught? I dont think the insurance company has set up in Norrath yet...
Jakefrom Statefarm - No other possible interpretation other than its use in a commercial. Literally uses a company's name that is completely unambiguous - ACCEPTABLE.

Winchester - A common name when (by itself) does not refer to any particular product or work, fictional or otherwise - NOT ACCEPTABLE.

These naming rules sound like they are taken very seriously. Rest assured that our immersion is safe in the hands of the staff.
Old 02-11-2018, 03:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchmyfeet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The policy says first name changes will be provided if the name violates the policy. I don't see the spot where it says "We will change your name, without warning or chance to address the situation yourself. We will also do it mid group, causing you to zone, get kicked from the group, and lose pet. During a contested spawn also"
Perhaps you shouldn't have violated the rules of the server?

Fitting punishment.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 02-11-2018, 04:44 AM
Banned

This is the most glorious thing I’ve ever seen. Sorry to those I will never recognize ever again... in before Caiu cleanses a guild recharge.
Old 02-11-2018, 07:18 AM
Fire Giant

You guys seriously changed the name of my main I've had since February 3rd 2010? I'm not mad, or angry, but words cannot express how disappointing this is. I've always fully supported the staff here, especially Sirken, who I have had the pleasure of playing under since vz/tz emu days. But this is very disheartening. I will most likely be bowing out of the community for good. Thanks for the enjoyment. I guess it was time to move on anyways.
Closed Thread