Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 09-06-2022, 02:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Again, on a single parse a Shaman can do higher DPS too. This encounter is 21 seconds, so a Shaman could do 2x Ice Strikes and a Winter's Roar in 21 seconds.

That is ((675 x 2) + 263 / 21) = 76 DPS. With pet that is a total of 94 DPS.

The math really isn't hard here. The difference is only 25 DPS in that case, and you are not averaging 4 procs per encounter, so the number is lower on average.
Cool I could have lobbed 3x 825 nukes … except it would have been dead before I could land the third at a 6 second cast cause it would have been dead in under 15 seconds.

825 x 2 divided by 15 = 110dps plus my 56 dps mage is 166 dps.

If it did live 18 seconds that’s 825 x3 divided by 18 = 137.5 dps plus my 56dps pet = 193.5 dps.

See? I can napkin math too!

This is why napkin math sucks. Real gameplay doesn’t work out that way. Can you chain nuke? Yep. But you’re going to run your mana dry or spend more time casting cannibalize and torporing yourself than nuking. Your functional/actual dps will be garbage over the long haul unless there’s a lot of down time. If there’s a lot of down time for you, there would be for the mage as well and downtime favors the mage more than the shaman.

We have already established mages can lay down serious damage if not constrained by mana. Far superior to what a shaman can manage.

This is why we have more or less begged you to get out there in a fast paced group and prove it.

But you won’t.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Last edited by Troxx; 09-06-2022 at 03:01 PM..
Old 09-06-2022, 02:57 PM
Fire Giant

We get it: shamans are the 2nd best class in the game. Nobody is denying they're awesome.

But they do not, and should not, be outdpsing a mage -- a class made almost exclusively for DPS.

What is wrong with conceding your point, DSM? Have some fucking grace, and bow out of this thread already.
Old 09-06-2022, 02:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
/thread

Napkin math perfectly matches real life situations at all times right guys? Raise your hand if you've ever been in a group where a shaman has done anywhere near a mage's dps. I'll wait.
In a game yes, you can easily math this stuff out. I am still waiting on your answer as to why you think being in a group changes the math.
Old 09-06-2022, 02:59 PM
Kobold

Anecdotal, but I was in a Chardok CE group with a shaman, Druid(me), and two gnome mages. Those two mages were absolutely blasting everything. I had done a few different groups and compositions at that camp for a while but that one really sticks out to me as crazy high DPS
Old 09-06-2022, 03:01 PM
Fire Giant

Isn't it obvious, you fool?!

There are other people contributing to the DPS.

If this group contains a bard in full mana pumping mode, and an enchanter giving clarity, then mage blows shaman even harder out of the water.

Are you insane?!
Old 09-06-2022, 03:04 PM
Kobold

What about a bard and three wizards?
Old 09-06-2022, 03:05 PM
Planar Protector

So we already saw a lazy mage fight. Here’s what a 2 nuke fight looks like:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Total med time necessary to create this magic? 90 seconds.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 09-06-2022, 03:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloomlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Isn't it obvious, you fool?!

There are other people contributing to the DPS.

If this group contains a bard in full mana pumping mode, and an enchanter giving clarity, then mage blows shaman even harder out of the water.

Are you insane?!
Why are you taking my question so literally? Of course DPS increases in a group. That wasn't what I was asking, and I havent said otherwise.

You can still math this stuff out lol. If your group does 200 DPS, it can kill a mob with 8000 HP in 40 seconds. That means you cab determine average DPS of nukes and pet DPS in that time.
Old 09-06-2022, 03:08 PM
Fire Giant

Because you completely ignore surrounding elements whilst you calculate DPS for shaman.

It's why you said root rotting was a good idea, and even entertained my analogy about bard and wizard doing some quadding in a 6 man group, whilst the other 4 do the regular stuff that any sane person would do.

Situations like this do not, and should not, happen within this game.
Old 09-06-2022, 03:12 PM
Planar Protector

What are the surrounding elements? That is what I am asking. What do you think is changing the math in a group that cant be captured solo?