Kobold

Also if you mess up at any point or misclick that would ruin the whole thing
Old 11-17-2023, 09:32 AM
Planar Protector

at least dsm has real numbers to go by

this joker is just "but muh theoretical says this is good"
Old 11-17-2023, 10:06 AM
Planar Protector

Nah 2 seconds is an eternity. Plenty of time to swap a weapon, drop aggro with a spell or evade/flop macro, glug a Wort and refresh a junk buff. EQ raiding is just Dance Dance Revolution with a keyboard after-all.

I’m with the rest. Throw up a video doing this for a couple minutes or just stop trolling.
Old 11-17-2023, 11:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wrong, it has been happening since 1999, and the Warrior and Monk who won BotB did this. If you are too lazy to put the effort in, that is your own problem. Granted, the amount of robotic execution it requires without a macro is not the most fun, but playing melee in this game is not that fun anyway. Might as well do something more than stand around autoattacking when it matters for a fight.

You don't understand how it works. You don't leave auto-attack on. Using auto-attack isn't needed at all, weapon attacks can be manually pressed.

Yes it is, you're going to get a 20% DPS increase at minimum. That can absolutely make the difference between being able to solo something or not with a character, and for the general amount of MOB's you can farm when grinding.

2+ seconds is sufficient to do the swaps but there are many times where a melee does not have full haste (aka, playing actual classic EQ before everyone has full haste gear/buffs, or any time a melee is doing something without a high level Enchanter around to buff them). It was 4+ second attack delays for Warriors in many situations in 1999, hence why the technique was born. It's boring as fuck standing around and just staring at the screen waiting for your character to do something, and the DPS increase when swapping is very noticeable.
I remember my Kunark manual mentioning ‘x’ being the offhand attack. I never got it to work. What is the trick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by plzrelax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also if you mess up at any point or misclick that would ruin the whole thing
Click detection in client is terrible, so it is not just a skill issue either.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 11-17-2023, 12:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nah 2 seconds is an eternity. Plenty of time to swap a weapon, drop aggro with a spell or evade/flop macro, glug a Wort and refresh a junk buff. EQ raiding is just Dance Dance Revolution with a keyboard after-all.

I’m with the rest. Throw up a video doing this for a couple minutes or just stop trolling.
I've asked for data, logs and videos from Z before. As of yet he hasn't provided anything. I hope he will provide something and prove everybody wrong, but I am not holding my breath.
Old 11-17-2023, 01:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Plenty of time to swap a weapon, drop aggro with a spell or evade/flop macro, glug a Wort and refresh a junk buff. EQ raiding is just Dance Dance Revolution with a keyboard after-all.
Raiding is not all of EQ and even when raiding you don't always need to be dropping aggro or managing buffs in combat. For a Monk it's laughable to suggest that it's difficult to just click the weapon on and off for fist damage while managing to flop as needed. If you're a Warrior tanking, then you're not trying to drop aggro in the first place, LMAO. You're either using a clicky to build aggro at the start of the fight or you're just sitting there auto-attacking and pressing one combat skill button when refreshed. If "only attacking" is what's happening, then maximum effectiveness is 2-hander + offhand swapping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm going to pull a DSM here and demand some logs to see what the actual DPS difference could be. If it amounts to like 1-2 dps tops, not worth it IMO to go totally apeshit with APM. If it's going to be more significant, say for instance similar to what the 52/58 SK pet can put out, then I could potentially be on board.
The difference is easily calculatable. Just plug in the numbers for a character's dual wield chance and the damage of the weapon being used. Using an offhand is obviously more than 1-2 DPS; that's already completely obvious when dual-wielding normally. It's braindead how certain people are saying swapping to an offhand "doesn't matter" or is only "theoretical", when this has been done since 1999 and was used to win BotB.

Quick calculation example: for a Ranger at Level 60 using Shovel of the Harvest + Scimitar of the Emerald Dawn (their best 2H + offhand combo), the offhand swap creates a 22% increase in DPS compared to not weapon swapping. That percentage increases when using a 2-hander that isn't the absolute best, like for example the Argent Defender that is easily obtainable on p99 (and makes swapping more user friendly, because of the longer delay); 26% increase in that case.
Old 11-17-2023, 01:40 PM
Kobold

jesus christ man put up or shut up
Attached Images
File Type: jpg citationneeded.jpg (21.8 KB, 3 views)
Old 11-17-2023, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

He could at least show an aary parse higher than mine, seems simple enough
Old 11-17-2023, 03:00 PM
Planar Protector

Wait, so he's talking about PVP? Ok, I can see warrior weapon twisting working in PVP where every little HP matters.

PVE still useless.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 11-17-2023, 04:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wait, so he's talking about PVP? Ok, I can see warrior weapon twisting working in PVP where every little HP matters.

PVE still useless.
If he's talking pvp there's only like 10 people that will care total