Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2019, 01:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob54311 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think this is the key. P99 has left a lot of things in that were changed later that most people agreed were for the better, like the unjustified hybrid XP penalty. Yes, they have done some things that weren't quite classic for a variety of reasons, but for the most part keeping it classic has been their guide.
The XP changes were 100% classic. The original EQ devs removed them at a certain point in the timeline, so the P99 devs did at the equivalent point for Blue (and will do so on Green/Teal when appropriate).

But otherwise, you're absolutely correct, this place is all about classic, and a single wiki page mostly sums up everything that isn't: http://wiki.project1999.com/Non-Classic_Compendium.

To be clear, my argument is not "Enchanters are powerful because of classic mechanics, let's make them less powerful to make the environment feel more classic".

My argument is ...

We're all in favor of more classic (ie. as it was in 1999-2001) mechanics ... but emulating something from 20 years ago is hard. Nilbog's a fucking god at it, but even he's not perfect, because it's really hard.

Bard AoEing mechanics were a perfect example. Just like in that case, we have no proof that anything is wrong, and an argument could be made that this is "just a player knowledge difference."

But just as in that case, I think if you rigorously challenge it, it falls apart, and that in turn suggests that a mechanic ... just 1 out of the 10 trillion Nilbog has gotten right ... is wrong.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-21-2019, 01:38 PM
Planar Protector

god who cares

just remove it then
Old 11-21-2019, 01:38 PM
Sarnak

Tecmos was big brained and could charm solo on live unlike the other idiots in 1999
Old 11-21-2019, 01:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not to me.

But I can't really answer what it smells like with a blank slate because I mained a chanter on live who spent most of his time charm soloing to level, and when in groups also charmed (but at a reduced clip during classic era compared to luclin and pop). Lol.
EDIT: Crap, ignore what I wrote, I originally misread your post. I want to hear more about your soloing 1-50 on live with an Enchanter. In your opinion, why wasn't every other Enchanter back then doing the same, talking about it on the Enchanter boards, etc.?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 11-21-2019 at 01:49 PM..
Old 11-21-2019, 01:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tecmos was big brained and could charm solo on live unlike the other idiots in 1999
I'm actually kinda getting excited about deleveling Noman to 50 and stripping some gear to match likely good gear at 50 classic era, making my UI less useful, banking all my clickies and stuff, and trying to solo some classic cash camps while occasionally doing stupid shit like nuking or casting cripple.

Noman is heading to WFP to delevel right now, heh.
Old 11-21-2019, 01:53 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EDIT: Crap, ignore what I wrote, I originally misread your post. I want to hear more about your soloing 1-50 on live with an Enchanter. In your opinion, why wasn't every other Enchanter back then doing the same, talking about it on the Enchanter boards, etc.?
Uhh dude they were talking about it on enchanter boards, see my link on previous page.
Old 11-21-2019, 02:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This kinda seems like a loaded question, and I'm not sure how to answer it well without writing a book. I'm respectfully not going to try, and instead am working on deleveling Noman to 50... lol.
Old 11-21-2019, 02:26 PM
Fire Giant

Chanter-players ITT claiming that P99 Bard swarming was rightfully nerfed, while simultaneously defending their own Class (for OBVIOUS reasons)

Niiiiiiiicccccceeeee!!!!!
Old 11-21-2019, 02:32 PM
Kobold

I don't think anyone even said that
Old 11-21-2019, 02:41 PM
Banned

lol this thread is still going strong
Closed Thread