Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2020, 07:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagrimatz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LOL, omg hi!
Old 10-21-2020, 07:28 PM
Sarnak

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-21-2020, 08:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagrimatz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LOL, omg hi!
Zomg miss you!
Old 10-21-2020, 08:35 PM
Fire Giant

elves still berging over the corpse of blue in 2020 year of our lord
Old 10-21-2020, 09:09 PM
Kobold

it's good to be back good thread
<Ad Nauseum>

Xwing @aliciousness 60 Hierophant
<Dial a Port>
Old 10-21-2020, 11:17 PM
Kobold

Anyone have a survival guide? is there a rl wiki? Haven't been out of the basement for a couple years.
Old 10-21-2020, 11:39 PM
Sarnak

GMs dont realize that we play to deny our competition of pixels, so blanket suspensions dont exactly feel bad, never have, never will.
Old 10-21-2020, 11:47 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littul Jonn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
oh damn, good point.

Well I hope they can figure it out or move on to greener pastures. I've been having a blast in WoW Classic, can schedule raid times, PVP, and still do fun things with my guildies like cash camps, lvling alts, PVP etc.

I do miss my bard, such a fun class, and EQ is definitely a different game than WoW but given the alternatives... i'll stick with my shaman in WoW haha
If I dont get Littul laughs while raiding in EQ, I am glad I still get them in WoW! <3

<Gravity>
Old 10-22-2020, 12:53 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyclin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
detoxx comes back to p99 and reforms forsaken v69.420 and the raid scene almost immediately turns toxic after being relatively civil for nearly a year, wow never saw that one coming just absolutely floored by this development
The raid scene was civil for a year because one guild dominated all high end content. AG barely saw inner ring NToV or Vulak, and were beat time and again for city leaders in a system designed to favor those with the most experience with the current raid rule set. Freedom forms out of AG and Riot and (Aftermath) and suddenly the guild who had it nearly on lock must fight again for spawns. No guild with power like that is going to give it up easily, and the same could be said of Aftermath when Riot surpassed them. Riot decided to rules lawyer and Aftermath had their own response to suddenly being challenged. I think in the end it made it toxic, whether through 20 page petitions or cut throat play. Both guilds regularly fielded 125 plus during their height for mobs. The idea that either of them were zergs would be false, as each had knowledgeable playmakers that knew how to be successful inside a byzantine rule set that other guilds often didn't fully understand. I am sure Paradigm Shift and Core had a more difficult time under Aftermath than AG did under Riot, but in the end losing so many mobs to one guild brings the same feeling of animosity. No system will work here with one guild dominating again that will not lead to the creation of a toxic environment. Any solution that will work will have to result in Riot Freedom and AG all losing mobs, and opening up more raid content to Kittens, TSS and DB, plus any other alliances. Ideas of making a more punitive system are moot, we've already tried that. The idea that the GM's can be perfect arbitrators has already proven to be a false one, and they just don't want to anymore. You can have certain mobs on rotation while still having competition on other mobs. A system that can entice guilds to work together instead of creating a hyper partisan system, where people hate entire guilds because they must destroy them during cycle days. It needs to be a radical rethinking, for the better of the server. We all live here in the end. We're all p99'ers. The GM's are letting us decide which way to go and more than just the top 3 guilds should have a say in it.
Old 10-22-2020, 01:00 AM
Planar Protector

Good post comrade.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Closed Thread