Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2021, 04:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, the real concern are the collateral effects. It's a risk\benefit analysis.

Sure if you're a bougie rich person, the lockdowns mean nothing to you. Also the data will take years to analyze before we have a precise, high-resolution number of americans who died from covid 19. The methodology for determining such a statistic is in it's infancy. Many people died while having covid, rather than died *because* of it. Which is an incredibly relevant metric. The 1918 flu has had literally 100 years to be studied and analyzed. I thought you cared about science?

Like, sure my small business that feeds my family was permanently closed forever. But at least I didn't get sick for three days! Can you not see the absurdity in that?
Ok fine, not just per capita. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-20-2021, 04:57 PM
Banned

There also isn't even remotely enough data yet to declare that "antibodies wear off after 7 months".

Also, for the healthy, covid is an extremely benign disease. I literally got covid without a vaccine, and was far far less sick than other flus and colds I've had in my life. So again the question is "Does our response as a society make sense to the risk at hand?". No, it's insane. We are ruining tons of peoples lives to protect against a disease that isn't very dangerous.

The fact is, both the disease itself and the vaccine are completely brand new and we don't know very much about them at all. Forcing vaccines on the entire populace is authoritarian and anti-scientific. The data we *do* have suggests covid is only really dangerous for the elderly and the immunocompromised, thus forcing a very young vaccine on the entire populous is irresponsible and makes no sense.
Last edited by Ooloo; 09-20-2021 at 05:01 PM..
Old 09-20-2021, 04:58 PM
Sarnak

Republicans have no plan to fight covid because chaos and bad economy helps them politically.

Think about that for a second.
Old 09-20-2021, 04:59 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There also isn't even remotely enough data yet to declare that "antibodies wear off after 7 months".
I have a source, and you have yet to produce one.

Quote:
Also, for the healthy, covid is an extremely benign disease. I literally got covid without a vaccine, and was far far less sick than other flus and colds I've had in my life.
So you didnt get sick, so covid isnt a problem. What a selfish perspective. I am not surprised you cant really see perspectives outside your own bubble, you are a republican after all.

Quote:
The fact is, both the disease itself and the vaccine are completely brand new and we don't know very much about them at all.
There has been no documented side effects from any vaccine, any time in history, beyond 6 weeks. Over 150 million people (just in the USA) are well past that point. Source

You got a lot of homework to do
Last edited by walfreyydo; 09-20-2021 at 05:04 PM..
Old 09-20-2021, 05:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale biologist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok fine, not just per capita. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can you ever respond with more than a five word sentence fragment? This is a discussion forum, where we discuss things. You and horza and gravy have this nasty habit of responding with some dumb quippy thing that means nothing.
Old 09-20-2021, 05:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by walfreyydo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a source, and you have yet to produce one.

So you didnt get sick, so covid isnt a problem. What a selfish perspective. I am not surprised you cant really see perspectives outside your own bubble, you are a republican after all.
My source is the literal CDC...

Also, I didn't say "I didn't get sick so covid isn't a problem". That's called a strawman.

What I'm saying is that the flu is *more* dangerous to kids than covid. Stats on the CDC website. And you refuse to respond to that, or justify any of our society's responses to covid and why they make sense. We don't force crying children into masks for a bad flu season, even though it's more dangerous to them. But you may have seen the several videos of people doing just that for covid. It is completely incoherent, insane, and makes absolutely no sense.

Seriously all it would take for you to be consistent would be to say "Well actually yes, we SHOULD do these things for the flu, especially for kids.". I could respect that. But you don't, cause you're clearly just trying to perform some politically motivated dunk, which is totally anti-scientific.
Last edited by Ooloo; 09-20-2021 at 05:06 PM..
Old 09-20-2021, 05:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by walfreyydo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you aware of the percent of population of minorities that aren't jabbed?

Why is this a Repub vs Dem thing

That's a dumb way of looking at it
Old 09-20-2021, 05:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you aware of the percent of population of minorities that aren't jabbed?

Why is this a Repub vs Dem thing

That's a dumb way of looking at it
Why did the GOP become the party of Nurgle?
Old 09-20-2021, 05:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why did the GOP become the party of Nurgle?
I think you might have Asperger's or something

I'm not a doctor though, nor do I pretend to be one on elf sim forums
Old 09-20-2021, 06:39 PM
Banned

If biden did nothing like rape daddy, they would say "why didnt you do anything?!!?"

Bides does anything "omg tyranny!! Even though i previously agreed with it for my entire life until the past few months, and I did it to my kids and myself to be accepted into school!"

We get it. You were told how to feel. Now you feel how you feel. Shut up already.
Closed Thread