Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 08-20-2023, 11:51 AM
Sarnak

Their best feature is soloing. Without looking too deeply we can argue they are #3 on the list of soloer's. They're not very good in any other department
Old 08-20-2023, 12:55 PM
Planar Protector

Without rangers you are going to have a very tough AoW. Without bards PoG and PoF are going to suck as well as slowing stuff or making up for less than a dozen clerics.

Without mages cothing and with rooted dragons ToV turns into a zone crawl. Necros and bards are very important for coth chains.

SK's have less to offer than most classes simply from a lack of buffs to offer. They can still tag off mobs, trash tank, and dps fine. With the better weapons they can rival generic monks who too are just sitting around waiting to attack stuff...while remaining healing independent and having twice the hp pool.
Old 08-20-2023, 01:31 PM
Fire Giant

I realize the OP is troll level bad, but to respond earnestly, I'd say Warrior/Rogue are actually the biggest noob traps. QoL with no spells is pretty brutal and there's almost nothing you can farm solo. Without decent gear you offer very little to groups as well. Meanwhile, people assume they are noob friendly from exposure in other games. Ultimately, they are great classes end game, but being a twink goes a long way to enjoying the grind to max level.
Old 08-20-2023, 02:37 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I realize the OP is troll level bad, but to respond earnestly, I'd say Warrior/Rogue are actually the biggest noob traps. QoL with no spells is pretty brutal and there's almost nothing you can farm solo. Without decent gear you offer very little to groups as well. Meanwhile, people assume they are noob friendly from exposure in other games. Ultimately, they are great classes end game, but being a twink goes a long way to enjoying the grind to max level.
Warriors and rogs need about 100-200p in weaps and they shit kick everything without med breaks very early on. They are op for xp, raids and big drops. They are S-Tier in their fields
Old 08-20-2023, 04:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampolo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Warriors and rogs need about 100-200p in weaps and they shit kick everything without med breaks very early on. They are op for xp, raids and big drops. They are S-Tier in their fields
The trap has clearly ensnared you.
Old 08-20-2023, 06:04 PM
Planar Protector

lol 100-200p in weapons. Using the Konami code too? Hope so.
Old 08-20-2023, 09:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampolo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Magicians, Necromancers, Rangers, Shadow Knights, Paladins
These classes are the best at nothing and maybe underwhelming when compared to other classes late game.

Druid’s
Starting a druid to make platinum is a mistake. Earning platinum by porting other players around is underwhelming compared to other ways of making platinum including simply xping in dungeons.

Bard’s
Nobody wants a Bard’s unless they need a substitute enchanter, a kite or a seizure. Incredibly bad gameplay.
Rangers can solo great even in trash gear espe once they get sow and a bow, red cons are ezpz plus snare/fearanimalz

mages are just fuckin fun bru

necromancers are pretty decent at everything

shader knights are always in high demend by noobs

paladins i'll give u this butt its a sexy smexy class and also ezily can just level off of unded and once geared is like the strongest class in the game even if its like the slowest

druids are fuckin pals man if ur a noob and u want lots of friends be a druid

bards are, i agree with u on bards bards are for the insane or greedy and psychotic

enchanters .... kinda oscillate between super max chil territory and druids and bards depends on the player

honorable mention clerics and wizards -- u can afk and have fun, read a book while leveling and have pals

gg
Old 08-20-2023, 10:20 PM
Planar Protector

https://wiki.project1999.com/Loraen%...election_Guide

Loraen's old class guide remains pretty accurate, IMO.

Every class at this point in Velious has a pretty solid niche, it just comes down to personal preference in terms of what sort of gameplay you like.
Old 08-20-2023, 10:33 PM
Aviak

Some people don't care about end game, like not at all...

OP clearly has end game focus, a perspective I do not share - haven't leveled a bard yet but each of those other classes was a blast to level.

Warrior and cleric have been the most tedious by far, and I doubt I'll ever even attempt a rogue, there just no need in my stable for one - I'd rather have a second druid then a rogue when the time comes.

to each their own though [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-21-2023, 12:33 PM
Planar Protector

Any class could be fun for someone. Fun is subjective. Magician and Necro are best at easy solo grinding. Rangers are best at things that require tracking. Shadow Knights and Paladins are best at group tanking. As for late game, does anyone really care? Guilds let any class participate in a raid, so what does it matter. As for druids and making plat off ports being underwhelming, it's a stress free way to make money when you aren't wanting to hunt. You sit and watch netflix and just monitor your chat for port requests. As for Bards, I love having a bard. If I recall, they offer resistance in raids that make them very useful in a raid. During leveling, they offer a mana free pbaoe mez which is absolutely amazing in dungeons that get lots of adds. Also, they are amazing at powerleveling people.