Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 03-27-2024, 11:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimitto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why even have LORE?[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I take the view of the original coding, if players were meant to have more than 1, it wouldn't be lore. That's why LORE exists. Pretty sure the original servers also banned people for this behavior.
Nah, people corpsed stuff, but wasn't widely known. Most people didn't see the value of it and TBH the usecase is quite niche. You have to die, lose all your buffs, go to your bind point, get back to your corpse then loot everything except the item. That's very different from carrying unlimited # of a lore item.
Old 03-27-2024, 01:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimitto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why even have LORE?[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I take the view of the original coding, if players were meant to have more than 1, it wouldn't be lore. That's why LORE exists. Pretty sure the original servers also banned people for this behavior.
As CSR in era I don't recall this ever being against the rules. I also don't remember it being a rampant or well known practice either though
Old 03-27-2024, 01:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As CSR in era I don't recall this ever being against the rules. I also don't remember it being a rampant or well known practice either though
It wasn't an issue because most people got the item and moved on.

They weren't the sweatlords of today farming shit camps in 2024 because after 25 years they're still bad at everquest.
Old 03-27-2024, 01:24 PM
Sarnak

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...37&postcount=2
P99: [52 Champion] Alysane (Barbarian) <Auld Lang Syne>
SZ : [65 Lord Protector] Cochise (Erudite) <Sanctus Lumen>
Old 03-27-2024, 01:33 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Over/Under on current CSR ruling on a petition aligning with a 3 year old forum message?
Old 03-27-2024, 01:47 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpathEQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Over/Under on current CSR ruling on a petition aligning with a 3 year old forum message?
Well it's a 3 year old message from a gm. I don't think that policy has changed. You can't corpse AC rings with people waiting, or you could just hold the camp forever.
Old 03-27-2024, 02:08 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah thats why you just have your buddy come loot it and corpse it elsewhere for later.
Old 03-27-2024, 02:38 PM
Aviak

Yeah I think the only thing against the rules is doing it with other people actively waiting for the camp, who are physically there. Same reason you can camp as much shit in a dungeon as you want on your enchanter, but if people show up you have to decide which camp you want to keep.
Old 03-27-2024, 03:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It wasn't an issue because most people got the item and moved on.

They weren't the sweatlords of today farming shit camps in 2024 because after 25 years they're still bad at everquest.
Well that and when you're on an emulated server for a 25 year old game a large portion of the people playing are going to be those types of people. I think there were a lot of sweatlords back then they just weren't as noticeable because they were spread across tons of servers and hundreds of thousands of players.
Old 03-27-2024, 07:14 PM
Kobold

classic eq is like pirates, or knights in full plate armor, or the confederacy. a period emulated and discussed for tens to hundreds of times longer than it was ever real.

sweatlords in 2000 had little wiki help, a moving target of new content and patched items/tactics. they barely had time to sweatlord before the battlefield changed. our museum here is the civil war reenactors arguing strategy forever, not anything like the unshod, drunk minors who were there