Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2020, 05:10 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahilu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Only good news is at least we could starts some real EC flipping buisniss back )))"
Yes. Was thinking the same thing. Perhaps we'll get to see decent stuff for sale.
Old 01-19-2020, 05:11 PM
Kobold

it is no longer a server congestion problem but a player made problem, its not the devs fault if players want to crowd into the same zone for xp and loot, eq1 was never designed for that type of behavior from the start because players in 1999 didnt have the knowledge that they have today

eq1 had multiple servers with 1k+ players and none complained about "overpop"
Old 01-19-2020, 05:16 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanuvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it is no longer a server congestion problem but a player made problem, its not the devs fault if players want to crowd into the same zone for xp and loot, eq1 was never designed for that type of behavior from the start because players in 1999 didnt have the knowledge that they have today

Kanuvan, i'm not talking about even the people crowding zones like HHK. Finding "Any open" level appropriate camp at times was hard on Teal. Server can handle up to 1k maybe, depending on how spread out the level base is. Over 1k just isn't feasible, IMHO at least. I'm just saying...
Old 01-19-2020, 05:25 PM
Orc

OK so my knee-jerk reaction is that this is a stupid decision, i found it hard to set up in zones. Even the jboots camp was minimum 3 deep at 3-5am peak hours.

That said I also want to say that my next statement is based on assumptions.

Merging of the servers was going to happen as staff had said. Waiting until a later date to merge would cause a massive problem as players from Teal fall further and further behind Green players in terms of strength.

Right now items are cheaper on Green than on Teal even with Green having a higher demand (player count). Which means that its easier to gear yourself for raids and therefor more likely that a guild can take out raid targets effectively leading to better equipped players. IF that continued you would struggle to see any Teal guilds compete as further patches and content were released.

Merging now gives Teal players access to cheaper items and helps them before any more content is released and lessens the gap that would be apparent if a merger was made pre-kunark where Teal guilds may be struggling to down Planes bosses.
Old 01-19-2020, 05:26 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albanwr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
red is never going to be viable because its filled with toxic assholes.
Reds dead. There's like 3 people left but lots of open camps there though.
Old 01-19-2020, 05:26 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanuvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't speak for how it was back in the day because I simply don't remember. But I can say definitively that it can be difficult getting a camp at higher levels at this stage of the game because there simply aren't enough options yet. And that was with 600-800 players currently active. Doubling that WILL make things worse.

I speak only for myself, but I'm sure there are others that will agree. I don't want to sit around in a game waiting to play it just because all the content appropriate for my level is currently being used up. That just isn't enjoyable.

That very fact will inevitably thin the ranks as people move on to other games. The question is, who will survive the hard times approaching?
Old 01-19-2020, 05:29 PM
Planar Protector

what happens if characters from Green or Teal are missing if they were on the same account?
Old 01-19-2020, 05:30 PM
Orc

lol they are probably tired of dealing with both servers as 2 entities so they merged them now instead of 2 years from now
Old 01-19-2020, 05:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what happens if characters from Green or Teal are missing if they were on the same account?
You knew they were going to merge at some point, your bad if you jammed up 8 chars on both Green and Teal on the same account
Old 01-19-2020, 05:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rader [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You knew they were going to merge at some point, your bad if you jammed up 8 chars on both Green and Teal on the same account
odd response, I am sure I am not the only one and I had 3 char on Teal lol