Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2018, 02:34 AM
Sarnak

My ground drop reimbursement was 13 months :P
Old 12-11-2018, 02:36 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by remen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And for all of you saying "play better etc. etc." keep in mind this is an old game that has the occasional bug. I am sure your tune would change if an Npc just ate your quest items at the end of a very long quest.
Game just does what it is programmed to do, I can't think of a scenario where a "bug" on an NPC eats the item rather than you messed up or charm wore off the second you turned something in or you didn't realize you needed a certain faction requirement or forgot to sneak or something like that. It is either bad luck or shitty play.

So you saying "bug" is just another way of saying I am not a smart player. Least that is how it reads...

Why try to cop out of a mistake? We are all human capable of mistakes and it is why I check every detail multiple times before I do anything. I just said I don't really make major mistakes like that that I would need to take up a volunteers time with, I still die and make other mistakes like gameplay related ones occasionally, but that's me.

I imagine player failure accounts for 95% of the item reimbursement petitions AT LEAST.

I have a couple epics and I didn't botch them, guess I avoided those pesky bugs... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[60 Arch Mage] Unholypower (Gnome)
[58 Beguiler] Kudavan (High Elf)
[57 Troubadour] Atreyu (Half Elf)

Red Server
Old 12-11-2018, 02:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't hold your breath on reimbursements, no GM = no reimbursements.

"normal" and fully staffed, shouldn't be longer than a month.

For the folks reading this, if 99.9% of you double checked your turn ins it would save us a lot of time.
Both Llandris and Braknar have spoken about having database access on streams so unless something has changed. As for the second part please, you were a player and undoubtedly messed up a turn in or two. I don't mean to come of as too harsh and I can emphasize with inability to act. However the player base is not your enemy but the projection of blame indicates that you may feel this way.

Best thing the staff could do is just take a vacation and only put the bare minimum maintenance in keeping it up while everyone both staff and players let things relax. This circling of the wagons and polarization is not gonna stop by doubling down. You might even find that we can work things out on our own if given the chance.
Last edited by Pringles; 12-11-2018 at 03:08 AM..
Old 12-11-2018, 11:07 AM
Planar Protector

The best thing item petitioners can do is not waste their time / items with unchecked MQ's or drop transferring???

10 seconds of reading vs 3 months of wait time = ....?
Old 12-11-2018, 03:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanderTruewield [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My ground drop reimbursement was 13 months :P
Same here although in 2013-14
Made me start playing again
Old 12-11-2018, 04:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnHoLyPoWeR [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Game just does what it is programmed to do, I can't think of a scenario where a "bug" on an NPC eats the item rather than you messed up or charm wore off the second you turned something in or you didn't realize you needed a certain faction requirement or forgot to sneak or something like that. It is either bad luck or shitty play.

So you saying "bug" is just another way of saying I am not a smart player. Least that is how it reads...

Why try to cop out of a mistake? We are all human capable of mistakes and it is why I check every detail multiple times before I do anything. I just said I don't really make major mistakes like that that I would need to take up a volunteers time with, I still die and make other mistakes like gameplay related ones occasionally, but that's me.

I imagine player failure accounts for 95% of the item reimbursement petitions AT LEAST.

I have a couple epics and I didn't botch them, guess I avoided those pesky bugs... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Could you redo this post, but just try to be a little more condescending? I'm sure 99% of quest mobs act in the way they are supposed to (and by supposed to, I mean according to wiki / allakhazam / classic). However, there are still some that don't, so just because you have been lucky enough to not encounter any doesnt make you a better player than anyone else. And of course computer characters are simply going to do what they are programmed to do, but sometimes the programming has issues. That's why there is an entire *gasp* bug section of the forums!

You state in your post that player failure accounts for at least 95% of reimbursement petitions, which implies that there is a small fraction of reimbursements that are not due to player failure, yet you belittle the idea that a "bug" could ever account for a hand in going wrong.

Quote:
I can't think of a scenario where a "bug" on an NPC eats the item rather than you messed up
If this is true, then it is because you are not a smart person.
Last edited by remen; 12-11-2018 at 04:45 PM..
Old 12-11-2018, 04:49 PM
Planar Protector

The 5% isnt a bug. Its from DC'ing while doing the quest turn in.

AFAIK there haven't been any bug turn ins, just player fails.
Old 12-11-2018, 05:27 PM
Aviak

There were plenty of reimbursements from like OT hammer sellers of old days, people borrowing items possibly but told to return, not sure what they reimburse these days but I know they have done requests like that before, guess you couldn't think beyond bugs again eh?

Had to do the thinking for you on that last 5%...

And man all I said was I reread stuff like everyone should, I don't just throw items in windows and hit trade willy nilly, no reason to get all pissed, just pay attention next time cause you are wasting peoples time with your impatience and ignorance, mine and volunteer staff...

Here we are, still haven't said you messed up, it's luck and bugs all day with you...

Red Server
Last edited by UnHoLyPoWeR; 12-11-2018 at 05:34 PM..
Old 12-12-2018, 01:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnHoLyPoWeR [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And man all I said was I reread stuff like everyone should, I don't just throw items in windows and hit trade willy nilly, no reason to get all pissed, just pay attention next time cause you are wasting peoples time with your impatience and ignorance, mine and volunteer staff...

Here we are, still haven't said you messed up, it's luck and bugs all day with you...
Ahh throwing my trade items in windows and hitting trade willy nilly was where I went wrong, thanks for the help! I haven't said I messed up because I didn't. The turn in was 2 items to the correct npc with no issues of faction, charming, mqing, sneaking, hiding, inivis etc etc. I'll posit to you again since you glazed over my question from the last post...if everything always works exactly the way it's supposed to, then why is there a bug section of the forum?

Also, in what way have I been impatient? I posted my reimbursement thread in the petition section of the forums over a month ago and haven't bumped it or commented on it until the person who made this post asked about the status of other reimbursement petitions, and I was just trying to contribute some information.

Quote:
There were plenty of reimbursements from like OT hammer sellers of old days, people borrowing items possibly but told to return, not sure what they reimburse these days but I know they have done requests like that before, guess you couldn't think beyond bugs again eh?
So 5% are from people stealing puppet strings while doing OT hammers? Solid thinking there. And this wouldn't even be something posted in the petition section for item reimbursement since it is just straight up someone stealing an item. Anyways I am pretty sure you are just trolling me so gonna stop derailing the thread by replying to you.

Just going to leave you with one last thing here:
Quote:
Reimbursement: Use this to request reimbursement of items if they were lost due to a known bug
That's from Rogean's post in the petition forums.
Last edited by remen; 12-12-2018 at 01:38 AM..
Old 12-12-2018, 01:37 AM
Aviak

I find it interesting that you haven't posted the details of this so called "bugged" turn in yet are saying I am wrong up and down...

Is it perhaps because if you did everyone would see it was your error?

Red Server
Closed Thread