Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2018, 07:21 PM
Sarnak

Default Max Spell Limit?

What is the highest level a character can land a spell on without being automatically resisted?

So like what level can a level 50, for example, land a spell on?
Old 12-15-2018, 07:30 PM
Planar Protector

Its a hard 4 levels that doesn't scale up. Mobs 5 levels above you will resist everything.
Old 12-15-2018, 07:50 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its a hard 4 levels that doesn't scale up. Mobs 5 levels above you will resist everything.
This is wrong.
Old 12-15-2018, 08:31 PM
Kobold

I don't believe it's a "hard cap" kind of a thing. I think it's actually a formula, and level difference is a big part of that formula. The more level difference above you, the more the math is not in your favor, and the reverse holds true too. I don't know the exact formula though, but someone here might.

Other factors in the math include the mobs starting MR, whether or not they have + or - MR gear "equipped", what resist buffs or debuffs they have on, and possibly other things.

In practice, if a mob 4 levels above you has the biggest tash on it, Malo, Occlusion of Sound with the best drum from a 60 bard, Fufil's Curtailing Chant, (etc), and isn't wearing any +MR gear, and has a normal-range starting MR, you likely won't have a hard time landing Magic on it.

However, if a mob 4 levels above you has a MR buff on instead, and no debuffs at all, and is a highly resistant raid mob to start with, good luck getting resistable magic spells to land. There's a chance for them to land, but it's slim, and it's all about doing the things that make the math work more in your favor, and levels help do that a LOT.
Old 12-15-2018, 08:53 PM
Planar Protector

Levels are only one part of the function. Some spells have + or - to the difficulty of resisting. And of course buffs/debuffs matter a lot.
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 12-15-2018, 09:05 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some spells have + or - to the difficulty of resisting.
Worth noting you can check that in the wiki as well.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

~Urrsa -60 Ogre Shaman-
~Gream -60 Dark Elf Cleric-
~Greame -60 Halfling Druid-
~Oppa -41 Dark Elf Enchanter-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar View Post
boxers are responsible for ruining EQ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
Rogean sits on his ivory throne and casts lightning bolts at anyone that disagrees with him or goes against the grain.
Old 12-16-2018, 03:12 PM
Kobold

On a side note, do the same mobs consistently have the same MR. As an enchanter I swear I've been camping IGs in Everfrost and every now and then one spawns that consistently breaks charm, over and over and over. I'll just switch and charm the other one and everything is fine.
I know it could be just the RNG, but sure doesn't seem like it. Have noticed the same thing with geonids in WL and other places where I'm charming the same mobs, as they spawn.
Old 12-16-2018, 03:33 PM
Planar Protector

Might be lvl difference. +/- 1 lvl might still con blue to you and you cant tell, but the resist can.
Old 12-16-2018, 08:26 PM
Sarnak

Resists are definitely a bit out of whack on this server. Ice Burrows are 61 yet resist Winged Death (-100) pretty frequently, even with the druid MR debuff on. Ensnare can take a while to land, too
Old 12-16-2018, 08:54 PM
Planar Protector

in the case of the ice giants they like most mobs spawn in a level range. You're probably having crap rng on the highest poss lvl ones in those instances
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Closed Thread