Lucky unlucky #13
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 05-13-2022, 07:10 AM
Kobold

vztz #18 right around the corner
Old 05-13-2022, 10:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Knight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Disappointed that I can't enjoy, my Autism heaven, fantasy world simulator, on multiple pvp servers.
YES
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disease [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everyone wants a new red. It will never come. Rogean got emotional and abandoned red.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I recommend DBT pretty sure rogean is rapidly occisalting between TLP and WoW at this point unless there's a starwars sim or something g-d bless his heart --- he's not the one that has to do a lot of work anyway - probably more like 'f'ck if I open a new server I will have to wait till it dies again' and -- like cats you just don't want to rescue any more at some point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lucky unlucky #13
very unlucky who knows tho

i'll probably check this thread every day for the rest of my life or the forums life whichever is shorter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zemgus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
vztz #18 right around the corner
hope so, yall put out some great box's keep getting better at it -- still would love red 1.0 rolled into blue and green and red2 launched ppl would come play especially knowing their pixels wouldn't rot - classic - kunark is good - velious meh - I bet luclin pvp is better than velious pvp
Old 05-13-2022, 11:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
YES

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I recommend DBT pretty sure rogean is rapidly occisalting between TLP and WoW at this point unless there's a starwars sim or something g-d bless his heart --- he's not the one that has to do a lot of work anyway - probably more like 'f'ck if I open a new server I will have to wait till it dies again' and -- like cats you just don't want to rescue any more at some point

very unlucky who knows tho

i'll probably check this thread every day for the rest of my life or the forums life whichever is shorter

hope so, yall put out some great box's keep getting better at it -- still would love red 1.0 rolled into blue and green and red2 launched ppl would come play especially knowing their pixels wouldn't rot - classic - kunark is good - velious meh - I bet luclin pvp is better than velious pvp
Peak luclin pvp is hoping you can AA mana burn some sucka who zoned out of bazaar carrying 1 million PP and instantly becomes hyper encumbered

Lost but not forgotten.
Last edited by Gustoo; 05-13-2022 at 12:10 PM..
Old 05-13-2022, 12:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Peak luclin pvp is hoping you can AA mana burn some sucka who zoned out of bazaar carrying 1 million PP and instantly becomes hyper encumbered
that was epic when u had 4k unique players per server (1-2k pops during primetimez) and know one still rly knew what they were doin or y
Old 05-13-2022, 12:11 PM
Planar Protector

Any pvp anecdote that isn’t about low level pvp in the faydark just reaffirms my conviction that the beat pvp is low level pvp in the faydark.

Your story is still pretty entertaining though, Gustoo!

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 05-13-2022, 12:13 PM
Planar Protector

Any pvp anecdote that isn’t about low level pvp in the faydark just reaffirms my conviction that the beat pvp is low level pvp in the faydark.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 05-13-2022, 12:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

found someone who is double dissapointed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-13-2022, 12:58 PM
Planar Protector

In luclin, it took a while for GFay to die. Not everyone had the expansion right away and not everyone could run Luclin. There was a lot of pvp at the portal spires as they only kicked off every 15 mins or whatever. For a good while I could
make money buying things in gfay and selling them at the bazaar and vice versa.

It was immediately obvious the game would never be as good as it was, ever again. But for most people there was a long period just exploring the new world and features and messing with the /set face command on the new character models.

But that needs no explanation as most people in p99 land know it’s all about pre luclin.

I think it’s impossible to recreate original 1999 to 2001 experience but you can drag out the leveling process artificially to make people spend more time at the pre level 50 parts of the game than they otherwise would in 2022z

The main thing is we all know it’s pointless doing buy sell trade activities as a level 10 to eventually afford a set of bronze armor because if you just blast up the levels you can get all the good armor without opening a trade window with another player.

People are just better and grinding levels now and know that being level 50 means you can make more plat easier.

On live tons of people never made it past level 40 after 5 years playing which meant there were a lot more people doing a lot more things in a lot more zones. Plus new people buying the retail package all the time.

Here I think it would have to be artificial level caps to slow progression.

Vanilla era should end in a two week long mega event celebrating the great era and with memorials to the champs of the era
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 05-13-2022, 01:44 PM
Banned

Quote:

In luclin, it took a while for GFay to die. Not everyone had the expansion right away and not everyone could run Luclin. There was a lot of pvp at the portal spires as they only kicked off every 15 mins or whatever. For a good while I could
make money buying things in gfay and selling them at the bazaar and vice versa.

It was immediately obvious the game would never be as good as it was, ever again. But for most people there was a long period just exploring the new world and features and messing with the /set face command on the new character models.

But that needs no explanation as most people in p99 land know it’s all about pre luclin.

I think it’s impossible to recreate original 1999 to 2001 experience but you can drag out the leveling process artificially to make people spend more time at the pre level 50 parts of the game than they otherwise would in 2022z

The main thing is we all know it’s pointless doing buy sell trade activities as a level 10 to eventually afford a set of bronze armor because if you just blast up the levels you can get all the good armor without opening a trade window with another player.

People are just better and grinding levels now and know that being level 50 means you can make more plat easier.

On live tons of people never made it past level 40 after 5 years playing which meant there were a lot more people doing a lot more things in a lot more zones. Plus new people buying the retail package all the time.

Here I think it would have to be artificial level caps to slow progression.

Vanilla era should end in a two week long mega event celebrating the great era and with memorials to the champs of the era
really great post--- by this token even velious which was ruining eq was still not fully explored by most ppl by the time luclin rolled out so ppl were still doing kunark things and the number of sperglords was still minimal and there were still 300 ppl primetime that would stomp them if they got outta hand with their pixel lustsn --- power dynamics are inverse here the scrubs don't outnumber the 1337s now 10 to 1 it's the other way around

velious and luclin were just not problems on live

i like the idea of ganking ppl with aa's tho and it made some casters relevant again