Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Old 05-17-2022, 02:30 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its true I get a little enthusiastic.

P99 team would have to bend over backwards to pull off a worse ruleset and launch strat for red 2. Pop will be great for a while and we’ll enjoy it while it lasts.
It might not ever work. I could just be a crazy autist that loves my autism game. Or people could just never see the greatness in classic eq. (Classic-Velious) If it some how got 100-150 pop regularly, it would be a fun risk. I had to polish up saying a risk, because I'd hate to over extend p99s goals. I could play old red forever, but new red would be fun, if the risk turns out to be reward enough.
Old 05-17-2022, 03:10 AM
Planar Protector

theres a lot of people waiting for a new server. a lot of blues will try a fresh shot at a red server if only to enjoy the progression period of the game, which basically is the only part of the game with any meaning. once you hit level 60 and are raiding for best in slot pixels the game is over the moment you start.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 05-17-2022, 07:27 AM
Kobold

stop whining, log in, form up. no one wants your call of duty eqpvp.
Old 05-17-2022, 07:42 AM
Kobold

ask for a red2 server that gets wiped every 3 months. and a forum. all any of you last on vztzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's is 2 to 3 months. 100% sure someones already asked for a wipe on the last shit box.
Old 05-17-2022, 08:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
500 pop until velious? What is this dude on? I remember being one of two players online when sol ro temple went live.
We tend to remember the great times over the months of emptiness. Like a sicko I farmed gbs and hadden when there was like 7 other people on fighting friedchicken for fishbone earrings.

I mean there will never be another red unless rogaines hits his head hard on something.

And 100% most of these cats crying will find a flaw to hit eject 1-2 months into the server and that’s ok. You don’t have to love old classic eq your whole life. It’s taxing and demanding with little payout in the end of it all.
Old 05-17-2022, 10:08 AM
Banned

there were times it was low

red did have a p good pop tho

the best server would be vanilla red rz style with green and blue shut down and 2000 unique players logging in at different times and 3 or 4 big guilds working toghether as pks anti pks
Old 05-17-2022, 11:46 AM
Planar Protector

There’s a lot of options that could work for a while without being super custom.

Having red 1 as permanent archive will keep people willing to go for it and collect the pixels even if they decide they don’t like pvp.

I think the main people who are anti pvp are full time multi box AFK poopsock item farmers who monopolize cash crop camps and make a living using the staff enforced camp
monopolies on the non pvp servers.

I mean if I had play time I’d be power leveling grips of alts just to monitor and train these permafarmers all the time to free up some camps from psychos. Become the psycho to fight the psycho kinda thing.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 05-17-2022, 04:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassador [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We tend to remember the great times over the months of emptiness. Like a sicko I farmed gbs and hadden when there was like 7 other people on fighting friedchicken for fishbone earrings.

I mean there will never be another red unless rogaines hits his head hard on something.

And 100% most of these cats crying will find a flaw to hit eject 1-2 months into the server and that’s ok. You don’t have to love old classic eq your whole life. It’s taxing and demanding with little payout in the end of it all.
Well look at that, a tassador post i dont regret unhiding.

The thing with red is it never got a chance to emulate what happened on Rallos. It was a terrible, griefy, hide from pvp unless youre in a zerg experience.

If we get a server that hits 300-400 on launch (id assume more like 600, like red launch but now with more bored people from green/blue) without xp loss and its a fun experience, with various gangs duking it out nightly, things might turn out quite different than in late 2011.

Or the server will slowly die but this is the way. If i had to bet, id put my money on the server looking at 500+ at least the first year if they dont fuck up the ruleset again.
Old 05-18-2022, 10:59 AM
Fire Giant

exp loss on pvp was de dumbest thing ever to happen.
Old 05-18-2022, 12:01 PM
Banned

disable EXP loss on red

STEP 1