Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 07-23-2022, 04:51 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Starman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Instanced raiding would fix 90% of P99's problems.
Sir we will not have that kind of non-gatekeeping talk around here.
Old 07-24-2022, 10:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeboim [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If anything, the return to Green was a catalyst to quit. Should never have merged them back together. Classic just can't support that level of population.
Except most servers pre kunark had a higher populations by hundreds than green did…

But yeah you’re totally right man
Old 07-25-2022, 02:51 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Except most servers pre kunark had a higher populations by hundreds than green did…

But yeah you’re totally right man
That population wasn't 50 year old manchildren dedicating their life to killing all 2 major raid targets and dominating all 10 major endgame camps.
Old 07-25-2022, 11:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeboim [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That population wasn't 50 year old manchildren dedicating their life to killing all 2 major raid targets and dominating all 10 major endgame camps.
Ah so now we see what you really want. It's not that "classic can't support that population" because overall it easily can. There are hundreds of camps and as we saw back in the day classic can easily support the population of Green at launch and then some.

But what you want is to be able to monopolize a camp of a big ticket item like manastone, Rubi BP, raid loot, etc. So what your statement should really be is "I don't like crowded classic servers with good population I can't get the really valuable items whenever I want"
Old 07-25-2022, 01:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ah so now we see what you really want. It's not that "classic can't support that population" because overall it easily can. There are hundreds of camps and as we saw back in the day classic can easily support the population of Green at launch and then some.

But what you want is to be able to monopolize a camp of a big ticket item like manastone, Rubi BP, raid loot, etc. So what your statement should really be is "I don't like crowded classic servers with good population I can't get the really valuable items whenever I want"
That's a great strawman you've got there, but I honestly wouldn't even count most of those as really endgame camps considering the mobs involved. I could honestly not care any less about the legacy items and would be more than happy for them to all be removed or no dropped. What I'm talking about is how as far as Classic endgame zones we have what... LGuk, Perma, Sol B? Maybe Highkeep if we're talking just plat farm? And we're cramming 500-600 level 50s into this? Do we not remember the endless cycle of 200 people sitting in the entry hallway of Sol B waiting for Naggy? It's no wonder there was a population die off. The level distribution of the population on P99 is totally different from actual Classic so of course the game has different load tolerances.
Old 07-25-2022, 01:55 PM
Planar Protector

Turn off new character creation on Blue, Green 1.0 when Green 2.0 opens.
Old 07-25-2022, 03:56 PM
Planar Protector

c u real soon (on blue)
Old 07-26-2022, 02:06 AM
Server GM

10 minutes
Old 07-26-2022, 02:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
10 minutes
Sooner than anticipated but I'll take it.
Old 07-26-2022, 03:39 PM
Planar Protector

Why would the staff announce a new server or an expansion release? Better for the community that it just appears and everyone can be confused about what's happening.
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang