Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 09-16-2022, 06:07 AM
Fire Giant

Finished up my video for the Iceland trail. It's a bit longer, but it was a 4 day hike so there's a lot to cover.

https://vimeo.com/749293718

I can't embed vimeo here can I? Fuckin youtube always mutes my shit over music copyrights. Not like i'm making any money of these anyways.
Old 09-17-2022, 01:26 PM
Banned

This dude passing me on my hike going up as I’m going down ripped the loudest ass right next to me, and my music was off cause of no signal

I’m sitting here thinking is anyone gonna call him on that? And I hear some other guy say “ducks!”. So I say loud enough for all of them to hear “you firing up that jet-pack?”

He probably couldn’t hear bc music but farting on people is fuckin rude
Old 09-17-2022, 03:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostalgiaquest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Finished up my video for the Iceland trail. It's a bit longer, but it was a 4 day hike so there's a lot to cover.

https://vimeo.com/749293718

I can't embed vimeo here can I? Fuckin youtube always mutes my shit over music copyrights. Not like i'm making any money of these anyways.
Very cool and holy shit what nice quality vid

Not a huge fan of the music until Crazy came on, but I still enjoy seeing through someone else's eyes views I'll never see in my lifetime

Is that steam coming up in spots?
Old 09-17-2022, 04:20 PM
Fire Giant

Yeah picking music is the hardest part. I can spend days or even weeks just trying to find a song or songs that fit the vibe of the trip. I’ve scanned through a bunch of the music thread searching for random songs too.

You don’t like good ol Blind Melon? For shame. And the raindrops song was almost a must because day two it was fucking pouring rain with wind speeds averaging between 30-45 mph. Blew my girlfriend off her feet at one point. And I was singing this song a bunch, which was annoying the hell out of her lol. Seal needs no explanation obviously.

I’m pretty happy with the quality. I just carry a GoPro 6 in my pocket as I go. No gimbals or handles, just the camera in the pocket. Then I use Davinci Resolve editing software, which is free and super powerful. Couple YouTube lessons and it’s easy to get good at.

Yeah those are geo thermal vents. There’s a lot of them in Iceland. The whole island is volcanic.
Old 09-17-2022, 05:01 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-17-2022, 05:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hah! Since you brought it up, I actually used spin doctors in a previous video for a cat skiing trip in Japan a few years ago.

https://vimeo.com/350469217

My usual musical tastes are much more metal oriented. But it’s hard to fit that into a happy travel video. Best I’ve done is Devin Townsend a couple times.
Old 09-17-2022, 06:19 PM
Planar Protector

Throw some counting crows in there while you're at it.
Old 09-23-2022, 11:07 AM
Fire Giant

Kids at a dinner that was out of their normal wheelhouse with minimal (not none /sigh) complaint.
Old 09-23-2022, 11:12 AM
Banned

Just got my new phone. Hell yeah brother

Old 09-26-2022, 01:06 AM
Banned

^
What phone?

I was gonna send this pic to my ma of Ernie doing sit ups with me. So I sent the pic first and was typing the message after. But my mom is such a nerd that she always has her phone in her hand and immediately responds “is he alive???”

So I thought God damnit, now I’m gonna punish you for not letting me get my message off and responded “he’s been laying like this for 3 days. I’m thinking about taking him to the vet”

She was mad. Ah well. She deserved it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FDCDCCE5-2CF4-484E-8D46-F9C30141AFA9.jpg (20.0 KB, 1 views)