Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 08-24-2022, 02:15 PM
Planar Protector

For the hot blood series the highest level spell (cast by the highest level necromancer) takes priority.

For the disease line they all stack. I forgot how/whether the poison line stacks. My inkling is they do?

If working with another necromancer you need to coordinate your spells with each other - you can't stack the same spell cast by multiple casters. E.g. if 5 necromancers cast disease cloud on a mob, only one copy of the spell will stick (the one cast by the highest level necromancer, which overwrites/blocks previous/future lower level casts).

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 08-24-2022, 02:25 PM
Fire Giant

Dots, buff lines do not stack. Befallen is a great spot, but kinda tops off around 20.
There should be a Necro research guide on the wiki,but research is very hard on p99. The words are all random drops so its not guarenteed to come across the ones you need,and doing research as you level has a pretty high failure rate.
Alteration is fine for a necro,you can always switch it for some po at the temple of sol to.
Old 08-25-2022, 08:30 AM
Orc

Got to lv 20 and got every single spell which I wanna except Animate Dead; would I be KoS in Grobb as an human necromancer who worships Bertoxxulous? IF yes, will I be killed in sight by the shadow knight's guild? What about Paineel city? I can reach there as an necromancer using gather shadows and traveling to Qeynos with no problem.

Which is the best way to get Animate dead spell.

Sorry for asking too many questions, but I can't find such info in guides.
Last edited by LordVictor; 08-25-2022 at 08:35 AM..
Old 08-25-2022, 02:02 PM
Fire Giant

I would first confirm it's available there, then get a friend to swap some plat to your new lvl 1 troll/erudite your using to buy it.
The wiki isn't always accurate on which merchants sell which items.
Old 08-26-2022, 12:19 PM
Orc

Other question. How I use the auction? The filters and everything else? I don't even know how to use the char properly, only that /g talks to the group.

I really wanna animate dead but seems too hard to get such spell. Research after I searched a bit in google, you find the words, put in a "book Book of Dark Bindings" and then click in combine. But I din't found in wikia where to find Words of the Extinct or A sarnak recruit...
Old 08-27-2022, 04:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVictor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Other question. How I use the auction? The filters and everything else? I don't even know how to use the char properly, only that /g talks to the group.

I really wanna animate dead but seems too hard to get such spell. Research after I searched a bit in google, you find the words, put in a "book Book of Dark Bindings" and then click in combine. But I din't found in wikia where to find Words of the Extinct or A sarnak recruit...
The words for research drop randomly from mobs in the level range of the spell. There isnt really a good place to farm for them. A good strategy for getting research components is just checking a lot of vendors for the pages and maybe you get lucky and find the ones you need for sale.
Old 09-13-2022, 02:53 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVictor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

My problem is only having low density areas with lots of "greens" and "reds" and nothing to kill. Also, necros only get poison bolt as an useful offensive spell till lv 11. Is in lv 12 where they can cast heat blood and a huge slow in the enemy. Before that, attempting to use an pet in any encounter isn't worth since the pet will outDPS you and eat 50% of the XP.

The guide which I posted mentions FoB as the greatest advantage of Iksar. Did you played as an necro? You will be using melee a lot in in the beginning, even in the ultra fast to level up live.
Actually, disease cloud isn't bad at lower levels, plus you have clinging darkness and fear at level four. Put your pet on them, sink cloud and bolt, c.d. and fear, take a seat.
Old 09-14-2022, 12:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
So I will ask few more questions.
  • In live, I specialized in alteration. Should I specialize in alteration in p99 too?
    Sure, that's what my Necro is specialized in. It will affect your dots, fears, roots, twitches, and some of the buffs I believe.
  • Any way to avoid ambushes while playing in FP in open fields?
    Not sure what you mean by FP, but there will usually be safe areas where you can avoid mobs. Keep an eye for others, as they will be sitting in safe spots (usually)
  • Does the DoTs of the same line stack in p99? Can I throw ignite blood + heat blood + boil blood in a single enemy? I've only tested this on my Shaman's dots and they do stack but I don't know if Necro is the same. Necros get so many different lines of DoTs that you probably don't even need to do it. 2 or 3 different DoTs usually does the trick per mob.
  • Does the same applies to "lich" spells? Can I throw pact of dead + allure of death at the same time? I don't think so. That would be awesome.
  • Intensify death requires research. I have read in wikia but din't understood exactly how I research. Any guide? https://wiki.project1999.com/Research Essentially, you buy a book at your Necro trainer called 'Book of Dark Bindings'. It opens like a container/backpack. Depending on the spell you're trying to make, you put 2 or 3 Words in the container and click the Combine button. If your Research skill is enough, you'll make the spell. Very few people take the time to level it up and instead buy them from other players. My skill is only like 130, but I made most of my own.
  • Is Befallen a good place to level up? I'm getting tired of this Oasis and never liked much deserts. Befallen is good. However, at your level I recommend killing Kodiaks in Rathe Mountains. It's sort of close to Oasis. If you've never made the run, it can be tricky but the bears are typically never camped and I soloed there from 19-23ish. They drop High Quality Bear Skins + other qualities. I would fill up like 3 bags full and make 700 or so platinum. Pretty good at that level. Then you can kill Aviaks in Lake Rathetear (they drop bronze weapons)